6/26 Gamethread

2Deep

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Lopez is an enigma for sure. Tons of talent but is too unpredictable 

I am not sure I would by tearing down a real good bullpen by trading some real good talent that can help us succeed 

Therein lies the dilemma. 

Other than Giolito, who has significant value (beyond Robert/Cease)? 

They can try to hold every single reliever other than Middleton and hope for a Hendriks rebound... but you're still short on the starting rotation by 2-3 guys if you include Lynn and Clevinger. 

There's just no way they get through 2024 with only one starting pitcher injury again. 

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We just can’t get on a roll. Corpseball again but I will give them a pass on this one as they had to face Ohtani, they need to win at least 2 of the next 3 against LLA and then somehow sweep the A’s. 

Got Ohtani tonight.  Good luck. 

6 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Lopez is an enigma for sure. Tons of talent but is too unpredictable 

I am not sure I would by tearing down a real good bullpen by trading some real good talent that can help us succeed 

This is a real good bullpen? Their ERA is 24th in baseball. They’re probably average if Hendriks were here?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Just woke up to the news we are officially Comedy relief

Didn’t they win a game 2 weeks ago on a wild pitch that bounced off the umpire? Kinda seems like winning games on wild pitches is a 50/50 strategy.

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Didn’t they win a game 2 weeks ago on a wild pitch that bounced off the umpire? Kinda seems like winning games on wild pitches is a 50/50 strategy.

How true. And by the 50/50 theory we will lose on a contested call at home plate as in the Texas game recently 

31 minutes ago, palehose1 said:

Eloy is ice cold too and is having some horrible at bats

Injuries can't be used as an excuse for Eloy any more. I don't know what is wrong with him, but he just isn't contributing anything. As strong as he is, he should hit a few homers by accident. Big disappointment.

Grifol made some managerial mistakes:

You cannot use Lopez late in a tie game in the 9th, as he is not mentally tough enough. He is a head case in high leverage situations. 

You also cannot use Bummer in a high leverage bottom of the 9th tie game. He is too wild. He is also mentally weak. Yes he as wicked stuff, but he has no clue how to control his pitches. As soon as they brought bummer in, I knew the game was over. 

Having Grandal pinch hit for Seby in the 8th was a mistake. Yes Seby is horrible hitter, but so is Grandal. Now you are putting the much weaker catcher in defensively in a close game in the 9th. I don't know if Seby catches Bummer's wild pitch, but I do know this, he would have a much better shot at stopping it than Grandal, who is pitiful at digging balls out.

As we have a seriously bad hitting team. They have the occasional game where they can score a lot of runs, but those are few and far between. The previous game against Boston where Robert hit 2 HR's, you had Robert and Benintendi go 5-8 to drive in all four runs. The rest of the lineup went 2-21. Well same S*it, different day. Robert goes 2-4 with a home run and the rest of the team goes 1-25. I don't care how great the pitching is, you cant win that way. 

Another wasted game from one of our starters. Cease pitched an awesome game all for naught.

Edited by The Kids Can Play

6 minutes ago, Highland said:

Injuries can't be used as an excuse for Eloy any more. I don't know what is wrong with him, but he just isn't contributing anything. As strong as he is, he should hit a few homers by accident. Big disappointment.

It's called being given a huge mega-contract before proving anything much like Moncada et al. 

1 hour ago, palehose1 said:

Eloy is ice cold too and is having some horrible at bats

Eloy is pouting because he is now an everyday DH.

Eloy is an everyday DH because he can’t catch baseballs or stay healthy.

Trade Eloy if he stays healthy into mid-late July.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, 2Deep said:

All of the Jake burger fan club needs to pipe down

Atrocious 

Outside of Robert and pitching  they all suck 

Anderson needs to be put on IL for rest of year for mental issues 

Yes maybe the Jake Burger club needs to pipe down and yes he had a bad game going 0-2. but give me a break, don't only single Jake and TA. What about the other slugs on the team not named Robert, who also had a bad game. You forgot to mention the other anemic hitters other than the one hit from Vaughn.

1-25 minus Robert:

Vaughn - 1-2

Benintendi - 0-4

Anderson - 0-4

Jimenez - 0-4

Burger - 0-2

Frazier - 0-3

Andrus - 0-2

Zavala - 0-2

Grandal - 0-1

Sheets - 0-1

This is a team game offensively and collectively we have no resemblance of a productive offensive team.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Hawk 2

23 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Grifol made some managerial mistakes:

You cannot use Lopez late in a tie game in the 9th, as he is not mentally tough enough. He is a head case in high leverage situations. 

You also cannot use Bummer in a high leverage bottom of the 9th tie game. He is too wild. He is also mentally weak. Yes he as wicked stuff, but he has no clue how to control his pitches. As soon as they brought bummer in, I knew the game was over. 

Having Grandal pinch hit for Seby in the 8th was a mistake. Yes Seby is horrible hitter, but so is Grandal. Now you are putting the much weaker catcher in defensively in a close game in the 9th. I don't know if Seby catches Bummer's wild pitch, but I do know this, he would have a much better shot at stopping it than Grandal, who is pitiful at digging balls out.

As we have a seriously bad hitting team. They have the occasional game where they can score a lot of runs, but those are few and far between. The previous game against Boston where Robert hit 2 HR's, you had Robert and Benintendi go 5-8 to drive in all four runs. The rest of the lineup went 2-21. Well same S*it, different day. Robert goes 2-4 with a home run and the rest of the team goes 1-25. I don't care how great the pitching is, you cant win that way. 

Another wasted game from one of our starters. Cease pitched an awesome game all for naught.

Pedro doesn’t have talent to succeed here.

The one area of poor judgment that you can’t fault him for because there are only 30 MLB managerial jobs is not doing what Joe Espada did and that is tell the White Sox thanks but wait for an opportunity with an actual chance to succeed.

I think he is doing a good job learning what or who he can trust and do the best he can with the roster he has.

Sounds like Hahn lied to him about a bunch of promises or representations of what he was stepping into and allowed to do, based on his comment to “Talk to Jerry” last week. I’d be pissed as well working for an asshat like Hahn.

• Like 1