Sox @ Halos - 838PM (Giolito vs. Barria)

ChiSox59

Uhhhh name a team that could finish last with a 2.50 staff ERA. 

I seem to recall around the mid-1960's they set the MLB team record for ERA. 1967 team ERA was 2.45.

23 minutes ago, pcq said:

Uhhhh name a team that could finish last with a 2.50 staff ERA. 

I seem to recall around the mid-1960's they set the MLB team record for ERA. 1967 team ERA was 2.45.

Between 1963 and 1967 the Sox led the league in ERA in four of the five seasons barely missing out in the one year they didn't.

Those teams didn't have a lot of power but they could pitch, caught the ball and knew fundamentals like the backs of their hands. That's how they won 94,98,95,83 and 89 games.

Sure wish we had that type of play today.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It feels great knowing this team is so non competitive in a terrible division. Hahn should be fired twice for this. 

Trust me Hahn will get fired twice. Once by the Sox and the second time he won't even get a sniff for a GM job from any team, especially even a losing team like the A's or Royals. Teams will fire him from even applying for a GM job. 

Who in the hell would want Hahn for a GM, knowing he sucks at:

- Building a strong farm system.

- Making good wining trades.

- Making successful free agent signings.

- Building a consistent wining major league roster that makes the playoffs often.

As much as our delusional owner thinks he is so much smarter than so many other owners, I'm pretty sure there isn't one owner as dumb as Jerry to hire Rick Hahn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The White Sox ERAs in the 1960s were significantly impacted by the large dimensions at Comiskey Park, and also the "modern deadball era" across MLB which ultimately lead to a lowering of the pitching mound, and the adaption by the American League of the Designated Hitter rule.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Trust me Hahn will get fired twice. Once by the Sox and the second time he won't even get a sniff for a GM job from any team, especially even a losing team like the A's or Royals. Teams will fire him from even applying for a GM job. 

Who in the hell would want Hahn for a GM, knowing he sucks at:

- Building a strong farm system.

- Making good wining trades.

- Making successful free agent signings.

- Building a consistent wining major league roster that makes the playoffs often.

As much as our delusional owner thinks he is so much smarter than so many other owners, I'm pretty sure there isn't one owner as dumb as Jerry to hire Rick Hahn.

It’s true. All of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Between 1963 and 1967 the Sox led the league in ERA in four of the five seasons barely missing out in the one year they didn't.

Those teams didn't have a lot of power but they could pitch, caught the ball and knew fundamentals like the backs of their hands. That's how they won 94,98,95,83 and 89 games.

Those pitching staffs were great. I remember those years well

• Fire 1

It’s got to be tough being a Sox pitcher. You go in knowing that if you (and the bullpen) give up more than two runs, your team is probably going to lose. If you’re lucky, giving up two runs might make the game go into extra innings. If you give up three runs, Sox will probably lose. Four or five runs and Sox have no chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

And I began really following baseball in 1968.  Of course the White Sox opened the season with a ten game losing streak.  That's how my White Sox fan experience began LOL!

But no matter how bad the team was at times, it was always fun being a Sox fan until Einhorn and Reinsdorf took over.  It seemed like the whole atmosphere around the club changed for the worse.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Anybody else think of Birria tacos everytime they see Barria's name?  

Maybe the Sox will win and get back to 5 GB.  Most likely, Barria will make minced meat tacos of the Sox lineup. 

Could be 5 but could also be 6.5 with a Sox loss and Cleveland win as they would take over first place, similar to last season where the Twins led most of the first half. 

Now need to win five straight for a 5-2 road trip heading into a week at home and the ASB. A loss leads them to a season high 14 games under .500 record. Oakland was able to beat the Yankees last evening, so looks like they still have life in them.

Wonder if Rick Hahn will take the 4th of July off in lieu of speaking to the media after a 3-4, 2-5  or worse road trip against two beatable teams.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Now need to win five straight for a 5-2 road trip heading into a week at home and the ASB. A loss leads them to a season high 14 games under .500 record. Oakland was able to beat the Yankees last evening, so looks like they still have life in them.

Wonder if Rick Hahn will take the 4th of July off in lieu of speaking to the media after a 3-4, 2-5  or worse road trip against two beatable teams.

Former Sox infielder and trade/FA target Eduardo Escobar joining the Angels' lineup for tonight's game. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Looking like 2-5 road trip is the goal ar this point.

I guess everyone wanted a set lineup...well we got it.

Pedro is  terrified of Tim Anderson. Remillard should be second and Anderson 8th. 

Not sure if it's Pedro or Hahn's decision, perhaps they are trying to maintain a semblance of trade value. Who knows what injuries he may have at this point this season.

Tim should have been 7th vs. RH Starters, perhaps also even against LH SPs at minimum the past two weeks and hope he can turn it around. He's at .417 the last 28 days, .155 the last 14 and .000 OPS the last 7.

• April 10th - IL (.731 OPS)
  • Returned May 2nd
  • May 10th (.647)
  • May 19th (.590)
  • Decent stretch to June 4th (up to .633)
  • 91 point drop to .542 June 6-27

Just now, Heads22 said:

i'll say this for benintendi, he makes me want to punch things less often than a lot of others in the lineup

He’s been exactly what the team needs. He’s a plus defender, gets on base and controls the strike zone. Unfortunately the roster is filled with guys who should be in the minors or out of pro ball. 

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1