7/18- White Sox at Mets, 6:10

flavum

• bmags pinned this topic

Carrasco has been up and down this year, but is a smart veteran pitcher with 4 good pitches. When he is on he can be very tough to beat, as evidenced by his last outing beating a very good Diamondbacks team, by going 8 shutout innings with only 3 hits and 1 BB. He seems to do his best against impatient free swinging batters like the Sox. Hopefully this game tonight will be one of his down games. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

Feels like it should be Sheets, but he’s been so bad lately 

Grandal has three hits this month (2 on July 1), last extra base hit was June 24. Dropped 52 points on his OPS over the past month (.732 6/18, .680 today).

Sheets has similar stats (2 hits in July, dropped from .736 6/18 to .688 today).

What's more egregious is they have no legitimate 4th outfielder in New York. Fear Robert fatigue will lead to an injury, with him getting less than a game a month off this season, and while others rested last week he had to schlep twice across country to Seattle and then Atlanta for the HR bullshit. Glad he sat out the exhibition game. All for a Jerry revenue sharing check.

• Like 1

Watching Mets broadcast, Cohen: "this is the most undisciplined team in all of baseball, highest chase rate, least patient, most free swinging team by a wide margin..." Darling dialed it back by saying, "they're clearly aggressive" ... LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Vaughn hasn’t homered in a long time 

Easily the most disappointing player after TA. 

I didn't expect much from Moncada the rest of his albatross contract, but damn I thought Vaughn would be an elite bat by now. 

He sucks in all honesty. 

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Easily the most disappointing player after TA. 

I didn't expect much from Moncada the rest of his albatross contract, but damn I thought Vaughn would be an elite bat by now. 

He sucks in all honesty. 

Yep, not a starting caliber player on a contending team

• Like 1
  • TLR 1