NY Post puts Anderson tweets, grudge with Ramirez on front page

caulfield12

https://nypost.com/2023/08/06/white-sox-tim-anderson-breaks-silence-on-jose-ramirez-brawl/

Probably don't want to read the comments unless you want to see this turned into another version of Angel Reese vs. Josh Donaldson/Caitlyn Clark bringing back past "hard tags" controversies...

For real...for real.

It seems Tim just wants to take on the the whole world these days.  Whereas another player (Tatis) has kind of embraced playing the role of the heel and having fun with getting booed ...Anderson is taking all of this way too seriously and it's simply fueling the fire to make things worse and keep the story alive now that the NY media has gotten involved. Part of it's obviously due to Keeynan Middleton as well as the fact that the Chicago media doesn't or can't hold anyone in the Sox organization accountable.

It's going to be one of these deals like Zuckerberg vs. Musk where Tim wants a rematch or is only going to end up getting hurt in real life proving how much of a real man he is...when the team is on the road, it's almost inevitable out in public somebody is going to try to "square up with him" or provoke him while out at a club in order to go viral on social media.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

It was hoped by some that Tim Anderson would be a role model that would encourage African American youth to play baseball.  

It is hoped by some that he still will.  It is hoped by others, including supposed Sox fans, that he crashes and burns. 

It is hoped by me that this is the last passive voice sentence I write today

30 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

It is hoped by some that he still will.  It is hoped by others, including supposed Sox fans, that he crashes and burns. 

It is hoped by me that this is the last passive voice sentence I write today

I don't think any Sox fan wants him to crash and burn. I do think there is a growing number wanting him to be someone else's problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't think any Sox fan wants him to crash and burn. I do think there is a growing number wanting him to be someone else's problem. 

I think sox fans instinctively rallied around Tim a lot and at some point it's like "ok but he's not rallying around us".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

It was hoped by some that Tim Anderson would be a role model that would encourage African American youth to play baseball.  

This what I was thinking as soon as I saw him square up. They're trying to stop the violence on the southside especially with the youth. Kids who are sox fans see Tim do that, think that it's cool to fight, and then they do it. Anderson is no role model and his ego is ginormous. 

• Like 1

Ramirez did not take off the gloves for this fight. He connected with TA on a wild swing as he was being dragged down himself. You can do a lot more damage by hitting someone with gloves on rather than bare-fisted and I bet that was the case. Tim meanwhile hit the back of his head with bare knuckles. His hands probably got injured from that.

Ramirez comments that TA "does not respect the game" as translated, were way out of line. As the video show, Ramirez was tagged out and decided to point his glove right in Tim's face. There are a lot of players that respect the game that would take that as a challenge to fight and Ramirez knew that when he did it.

Ideally, TA should have walked away from the in your face challenge but then I suppose he may have been criticized for backing down. For those who don't like the man for whatever reason, there is nothing he could have done right.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

Tom Hamilton, announcer for the Guards,  shouted "Down goes Anderson, Down goes Anderson" making a joke out of this.  That was inappropriate as are any comments that could be taken the wrong way by younger kids who watch baseball.  Maybe he should explain why he thought that was funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Batting gloves would not cause more damage lol

Wow you really know how to spin things and react . One  can swing harder without concern about breaking bones in their hands. This elementary fact was discerned when professional boxers started using boxing gloves around the time when Gentlemen Jim fought bare knuckled. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, tray said:

Ramirez did not take off the gloves for this fight. He connected with TA on a wild swing as he was being dragged down himself. You can do a lot more damage by hitting someone with gloves on rather than bare-fisted and I bet that was the case. Tim meanwhile hit the back of his head with bare knuckles. His hands probably got injured from that.

Ramirez comments that TA "does not respect the game" as translated, were way out of line. As the video show, Ramirez was tagged out and decided to point his glove right in Tim's face. There are a lot of players that respect the game that would take that as a challenge to fight and Ramirez knew that when he did it.

Ideally, TA should have walked away from the in your face challenge but then I suppose he may have been criticized for backing down. For those who don't like the man for whatever reason, there is nothing he could have done right.

How exactly did I spin this, Tray.  Don’t be elementary, my friend 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tray said:

Wow you really know how to spin things and react . One  can swing harder without concern about breaking bones in their hands. This elementary fact was discerned when professional boxers started using boxing gloves around the time when Gentlemen Jim fought bare knuckled. 

We’re seriously at this level of cope? TA lost the fight because Jose had batting gloves on?  A quick product search tells me Franklin batting gloves are less than 1 mm thick.

• Thanks 1

Leather gloves protect the hands which is why tradesmen and other wear them.  The leather glove in itself does not hurt you, but it provides onfidence to strike harder without fear of injuring ones knuckles and hands.

Anyway. I guess there goes the understanding of the oft-used expression "he' taking the gloves off"  before a (fair) fight.  Wow....unbelievable...

I’m very sure in the heat of the moment Tim Anderson took his gloves off to make sure he wasn’t hitting harder and in the very same second Ramirez kept them on for the very real effect of hitting Tim way harder due to the 1/16th of an inch of leather on his hand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bmags said:

I think sox fans instinctively rallied around Tim a lot and at some point it's like "ok but he's not rallying around us".

I understand frustration for several aspects regarding Tim the past two season. Don't think there is a person not disappointed in some of the things he has done or his performance, impacted at least in part due to injuries.

What I didn't understand this weekend was the substantial support of Cleveland's actions, including their Division clinching clubhouse last season. Tim responded to a finger waived in his face. Tito and Ramirez's comments, Ramirez posing with boxing gloves, their team chant of f*** The White Sox in their clubhouse celebration , Josh Naylor's trash in October were all thought out / premeditated.  These people are trash, and nobody including Cleveland fans should condone, embrace or excuse their actions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

This what I was thinking as soon as I saw him square up. They're trying to stop the violence on the southside especially with the youth. Kids who are sox fans see Tim do that, think that it's cool to fight, and then they do it. Anderson is no role model and his ego is ginormous. 

The problem is them shooting people, not squaring up to fight people haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tray said:

Batting gloves don't really project the hand apart from preventing scratches and skin tears.

To project the hands you need to wrap them tightly  with some kind of tape and then put them in padded gloves. 

• Like 1