Riordan: Physical altercation between TA and Grandal before AS break

GGajewski18

33 minutes ago, Pal said:

This all seems coordinated at this point. Who and why?

Riordan is Hahn's mouthpiece. Sounds like the plan is to blame this all on the players (fine, many deserve it) and exonerate management, same as the plan last season. Garfien and Ozzie have taken the same line based on quotes in game threads (I don't have cable TV or would watch their s%*# if I did).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

What about this story makes you think TA is a cancer?

It hasn’t helped with some of the crap that TA has said like the Jackie Robinson comparison and the I’m the best player on the field. We don’t know for sure if he’s the cancer but he is a humongous jerk.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Right, someone is going to get some scissors and start ripping up jock straps.

woof, being forced to remember 2016 is depressing. 

If we want confirmation nothing will change, in roughly 5 months there was:
- laroche
- sale scissors
- Guaranteed Rate partnership.

The third bullet may seem small now, but at the time it was a huge joke with the down arrow logo. Was three straight whammys of the sox being a national punchline.

The team was bad but not this bad.

But Hahn/KW were strong as ever. All that happened was Robin wasn't renewed.

• Like 1

TA is right to call out Grandal, but it's also true that it really isn't a "no-wrong" situation when calling them out is just embarrassing them in front of their teammates.

But Grandal hit a coworker...just can't happen.

I know it's baseball, and there's some leniency. But, not reading this and seeing an innocent party. Just a trash org.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Riordan is Hahn's mouthpiece. Sounds like the plan is to blame this all on the players (fine, many deserve it) and exonerate management, same as the plan last season. Garfien and Ozzie have taken the same line based on quotes in game threads (I don't have cable TV or would watch their s%*# if I did).

Thats what I'm assuming

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Can't wait for Rick's BS excuses and ways to rationalize and spin this.

What's there to spin. Player wanted to leave early. FO said no. Player complained and another player took offense to the complaining of wanting to leave team. All was handled in house until someone leaked it to the media.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

See to me this sounds so much like 2016. I feel like I have very much experienced this.

Yeah, but 2016 felt like they were going in a specific direction, with a pro-active plan. This is all reactive, and  salary dumping. They could have done  much more, but somehow use 2024 contending dreams as an excuse.

5 minutes ago, Pal said:

It's one example of him running his mouth at someone else when it's not his place. 

I’m not one to stick up for TA, but which one is it? Everyone is saying the clubhouse needs a vocal leader who will speak up and lead the team. Fans  cannot criticize the man for speaking up against bullshit like that but in the next breath complain that no one in the locker room is speaking up or taking control of the club house. Good on Tim for calling bullshit what it is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I’m not one to stick up for TA, but which one is it? Everyone is saying the clubhouse needs a vocal leader who will speak up and lead the team. Fans  cannot criticize the man for speaking up against bullshit like that but in the next breath complain that no one in the locker room is speaking up or taking control of the club house. Good on Tim for calling bullshit what it is. 

Would agree if he was not shitting the bed for the 2nd straight season. If he didn't have a God complex. If he wasn't an asshole off the field. If he didn't alienate most of the orginization. In a vacuum you're right. Anderson definitely wasn't that guy ti be calling others out on their bullshit.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pal said:

Thats what I'm assuming

I don’t believe the Grandal/TA issue distracts from Grifol, though. If anything it’s a direct example of his players doing whatever the hell they please without repercussion. And it also implicates Hahn because, there’s no way he didn’t know of that when it happened. He should’ve sent Grandal packing.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

What's there to spin. Player wanted to leave early. FO said no. Player complained and another player took offense to the complaining of wanting to leave team. All was handled in house until someone leaked it to the media.

I'm not only referring to the Grandal/TA episode. I was referring to the entire RH press conference, like he has always handled in the past with BS, rationalizations and spins.

If he does indeed discuss the Grandal/TA thing, then he will also be forced to deal with the Middleton comments. Either way he will somehow make excuses for Grifol. Or maybe Hahn doesn't even mention either event and just tell us that he is behind Pedro and they are committed to making this team better crap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I'm not only referring to the Grandal/TA episode. I was referring to the entire RH press conference, like he has always handled in the past with BS, rationalizations and spins.

If he does indeed discuss the Grandal/TA thing, then he will also be forced to deal with the Middleton comments. Either way he will somehow make excuses for Grifol. Or maybe Hahn doesn't even mention either event and just tell us that he is behind Pedro and they are committed to making this team better crap.

This makes sense. All the other stuff around it will be the interesting part.

• Like 1