Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

On 10/3/2023 at 10:58 AM, chw42 said:

I watched almost every game in the 3 previous seasons. I watched maybe 1/3 of the games this year and a lot of those were before I figured out this team was gonna be absolute ass. Nobody wants to watch bad baseball. It's really not worth the time. 

We are in the process of ditching cable in our household to go to streaming and I told my wife that I want to make sure to get something so that I can watch the Sox games next season....and then I think to myself "boy that sounds kinda stupid to have that as a priority, huh?"

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

We are in the process of ditching cable in our household to go to streaming and I told my wife that I want to make sure to get something so that I can watch the Sox games next season....and then I think to myself "boy that sounds kinda stupid to have that as a priority, huh?"

If you like the bulls and hawks you are good....you get the marquee as well.  I was going to cancel mine in August but I think I wanna see what this new Hawks guy is all about.

29 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If you like the bulls and hawks you are good....you get the marquee as well.  I was going to cancel mine in August but I think I wanna see what this new Hawks guy is all about.

I do look forward to seeing him play...good point, thanks. 

I believe that Youtube TV will get me NBC Sports Chicago so probably will go that route.

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

I do look forward to seeing him play...good point, thanks. 

I believe that Youtube TV will get me NBC Sports Chicago so probably will go that route.

It does, currently.  I have YouTubeTV and NBC Sports Chicago.  Who know what will happen with contracts when it comes around to next year, but it's been there the past few years.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I thought of one. Getz could be an incompetent GM.

Both Hahn and Getz said Pedro wasn’t responsible for this mess throughout 2023. Also, Jerry is not paying three guys to not work. He has rarely paid people for one year. I think it’s Getz’ call in season / after 2024, but not now.

If Getz can show organizational progress over the next year, perhaps solid candidates like Joe Espada would actually consider coming here instead of interviewing and pulling themselves out of consideration to remain a bench coach for a professional organization.

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I just wonder what is going through these coaches minds when Pedro says to their faces they weren't good enough they are gone, but for some reason, his performance got him another year.

No coach will think Boston should have stayed beyond “player bond” nonsense. He was responsible for OF play as well, and it was putrid this entire time, even with competent defenders.

Don’t know much about the hitting coach (wonder if Robert knows his name, I believe it’s Castro or Johnson), but also hard to argue the team doesn’t need a significant change in approach in terms of game plan, pitch recognition and attempting to control the strike zone / work counts.

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

No coach will think Boston should have stayed beyond “player bond” nonsense. He was responsible for OF play as well, and it was putrid this entire time, even with competent defenders.

Don’t know much about the hitting coach (wonder if Robert knows his name, I believe it’s Castro or Johnson), but also hard to argue the team doesn’t need a significant change in approach in terms of game plan, pitch recognition and attempting to control the strike zone / work counts.

I get that, but how does Pedro get to tell everyone they failed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dakuda said:

It does, currently.  I have YouTubeTV and NBC Sports Chicago.  Who know what will happen with contracts when it comes around to next year, but it's been there the past few years.

JR is probably going to form his own network with the Bulls and hawks when the NBC Sports Chicago contract ends next year. He'll join organizations like the Yankees/Nets (YES) and the Cubs (Marquee) 

Pedro is going to be fired after next season. If Earl Weaver rose from the great beyond,

and managed the team next year we'd only lose 96 games. Let Pedro take it in the shorts

in 2024. No need to have a real manager for these clowns.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Going to need to keep this on the first page all offseason long. I wonder if we can get this to more pages than the fire Rick thread. 

Fully agree.  I plan to bump this thread every time I am see that smug face of his or hear him spew some bullshit.

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Absolutely hilarious this guy said he doesn't like his team. No idea how any coach recovers from that.

It’s absolutely incredible how stupid this dude is.  He’s so desperate to suck his boss off that he accidentally shits on his entire team that has to manage on a daily basis.

• Like 1

I found a list from writer C. Trent Rosecrans of Baseball Prospectus of what makes a good manager. In bold after each one is my idea of how Pedro is doing in regard to each of these bullet points:

• Preparation for every series and every game so they have a better chance of making the right decision during a crucial moment in the game...Nope
  • Excellent communication skills with players and coaching staff....Doesn't seem so
  • Understanding how to construct a lineup both for the short-term and over the course of a season...Uh, No
  • Understanding how to help players maximize their talents and get the most out of their skills...Absolutely a No here
  • Leadership abilities that help them bring people together for a common goal....Unless the common goal is losing, then No
  • Knowing how to manage the different personalities of different players, from the superstars to the utility infielders....Noppity Nope Nope
  • Like 3

On 11/9/2023 at 9:17 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s absolutely incredible how stupid this dude is.  He’s so desperate to suck his boss off that he accidentally shits on his entire team that has to manage on a daily basis.

It's really incredible.  He contradicted things he said over 100 times the 6 months prior. 

On 11/10/2023 at 9:26 AM, wegner said:

I found a list from writer C. Trent Rosecrans of Baseball Prospectus of what makes a good manager. In bold after each one is my idea of how Pedro is doing in regard to each of these bullet points:

• Preparation for every series and every game so they have a better chance of making the right decision during a crucial moment in the game...Nope
  • Excellent communication skills with players and coaching staff....Doesn't seem so
  • Understanding how to construct a lineup both for the short-term and over the course of a season...Uh, No
  • Understanding how to help players maximize their talents and get the most out of their skills...Absolutely a No here
  • Leadership abilities that help them bring people together for a common goal....Unless the common goal is losing, then No
  • Knowing how to manage the different personalities of different players, from the superstars to the utility infielders....Noppity Nope Nope

image.png

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

• We will communicate”
  • “We will be fundamentally sound”
  • “We will play with passion and pride for this uniform. This means something.”
  • “We will respect the game, our fans, and earn their trust”
  • “We will control the strike zone on both sides of the ball…”
  • “We will work hard and play winning baseball every night and definitely will hold each other accountable.”

29 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:
  • We will communicate”
  • “We will be fundamentally sound”
  • “We will play with passion and pride for this uniform. This means something.”
  • “We will respect the game, our fans, and earn their trust”
  • “We will control the strike zone on both sides of the ball…”
  • “We will work hard and play winning baseball every night and definitely will hold each other accountable.”