8/16 Game Thread: White Sox @ Cubs 7:05CT

Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, tray said:

TA had a decent game defensively including a few key double plays. He probably won't be back next season, but he isn't responsible for the Sox bullpen melting down tonight and in so many other games this season.

He’s back next year for sure

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm sure some of the players were preoccupied after a Sox' players girlfriend's car was stolen near Wrigley a few hours before the game today.

I’m sure they hope their wives don’t find out about it

• Haha 1

I always liked Bummer but this year he has been both the gas can and the match. When he comes in the game I grimace. And if Santos can’t close out games two days in a row he isn’t a closer. Tonight’s loss is just another punch in the face 

• Like 2

Just now, elrockinMT said:

I always liked Bummer but this year he has been both the gas can and the match. When he comes in the game I grimace. And if Santos can’t close out games two days in a row he isn’t a closer. Tonight’s loss is just another punch in the face 

Bummer has been bad for more than just this season...naturally Hahn gave him a big contract. 😆

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Saufley said:

At least Chris Chelios is happy. I heard him on the SCORE this morning and even though he says he is a White Sox fan he is happy the Cubs are winning so that at least one Chicago baseball team might go to the postseason.  Any White Sox fans here glad that the Cubs are winning? Not me!!

The Cubs are just non-existent to me. I felt nothing when they won the WS. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Bummer has been bad for more than just this season...naturally Hahn gave him a big contract. 😆

Bummer SUCKS. Not many pitchers can say they gave up a HR to Nick Madrigal, once againBummer proves he's a loser.  He has no spine, if he runs into any trouble or misses a pitch he's TOAST and will proceed to give up a run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I was in Wrigley, not in the game. There were actually a ton of Sox fans out and about. I was surprised. Saw 0 confrontations.

Must have been a lot of school bus trips last night!!!

15 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They would have to find an equally awful player with an equally awful contract.  Slim pickens.  

Looking at the free agents for after next season, I could only come up with Marco Gonzales in a one-for-one swap. And even then, the Sox would have to send a little cash to even it out.

3 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

Somebody, please somebody, take a chance on Moncada and take him off our hands.  I never want to see him take another third strike.  

Never should have traded away Burger. Sox fans are stuck with this epic bust for another year unfortunately. Wish we could go back and redo the Chris Sale trade. Traded the best Sox pitcher of my lifetime for a dude who pounds a box of twinkies a day and spends more time making crappy music videos than he does on his game. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Never should have traded away Burger. Sox fans are stuck with this epic bust for another year unfortunately. Wish we could go back and redo the Chris Sale trade. Traded the best Sox pitcher of my lifetime for a dude who pounds a box of twinkies a day and spends more time making crappy music videos than he does on his game. 

Sale has been mostly injured. Does your head hurt??

I legitimately HATE this team and this organization. 

Like, I can't even just ignore their existence and be indifferent to their sheer ineptitude. They just continue to find ways to make themselves too visible on the social media-sphere to ignore. 

It's an embarrassment to be associated with this collection of pathetic, worthless losers and this season, they've consistently gone out of their way to amplify their circus-like antics both on and off the field in a way that is impossible for the sports world to ignore. 

Get. Fucked. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1