Thief steals car from White Sox star’s girlfriend near Wrigley Field

South Side Hit Men

Youths making silly decisions in Wrigleyville. This happened this afternoon around 3 PM.

https://cwbchicago.com/2023/08/thief-steals-chicago-white-sox-girlfriends-bmw-near-wrigley-field.html

A Chicago police spokesperson confirmed that a man hopped out of a black Jeep and jumped into a woman’s car while she was pumping gas. In keeping with CPD policy, they did not identify the woman or reveal her connection to the White Sox.

The spokesperson said the woman’s gray BMW was last seen heading south on Broadway, followed by the black Jeep he arrived in.

Chicago police found the woman’s make-up, ID, baseball tickets, and the BMW’s key fob in a garbage can behind the 1500 block of West Roscoe about an hour later. The car, however, has not been located.

3 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

Unrelated to this incident, do any of you plan to leave Chicagoland if you haven’t already yet?

I've always lived within city limits, never been outside of the city for more than 2 1/2 weeks. Always planned to die here (of natural causes). Still staying but took time to look into alternatives. Old enough to know never say never in life. My Aunt is my only living family member still here.

Used to walk / take public transportation nearly everywhere within city limits with few exceptions. I've avoided a much broader section of the city since May 31, 2020. Hoping at some point things improve. Perhaps I'm as naïve as hoping the same for the Chicago White Sox.