"Hawk" Speaks...

Lip Man 1

Wonder what JR's reaction will be:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/8/16/23834748/white-sox-tough-team-to-watch-says-ken-harrelson-one-of-their-biggest-fans

“Jerry is the most honorable person, and he’s honorable to a fault sometimes because of his loyalty. And there’s some changes that have to be made there, and whether or not he’ll make them, I don’t know.”

Edited by Lip Man 1

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Wonder what JR's reaction will be:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/8/16/23834748/white-sox-tough-team-to-watch-says-ken-harrelson-one-of-their-biggest-fans

“Jerry is the most honorable person, and he’s honorable to a fault sometimes because of his loyalty. And there’s some changes that have to be made there, and whether or not he’ll make them, I don’t know.”

I'm so sick of hearing about his loyalty. There are so many players he sent packing instead of having them finish their careers here. He's screwed over the fans that have made him rich. He forced a strike when the team had it's best chance in decades to compete. Locked out players and held the strongest line. Mark, Frank, Jose, Carlton . . . 

He's loyal to cheap deals, and lap dog executives that won't question him. It's not the kind of loyalty anyone should admire. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I'm so sick of hearing about his loyalty. There are so many players he sent packing instead of having them finish their careers here. He's screwed over the fans that have made him rich. He forced a strike when the team had it's best chance in decades to compete. Locked out players and held the strongest line. Mark, Frank, Jose, Carlton . . . 

He's loyal to cheap deals, and lap dog executives that won't question him. It's not the kind of loyalty anyone should admire. 

he's loyal to the people close to him, and he purposely keeps those close to him as just rich friends and their sons.

• Like 3

The likelihood that Brooks Boyer of all people has nefarious tendrils rooted deep within the org and or has the power to pull JR’s strings really seems far fetched to me.  Hawk, love ya, but I really don’t care about whatever beef you have with Brooks Boyer.  
This is another big nothing to me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

There's a difference between loyalty and cronyism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

The likelihood that Brooks Boyer of all people has nefarious tendrils rooted deep within the org and or has the power to pull JR’s strings really seems far fetched to me.  Hawk, love ya, but I really don’t care about whatever beef you have with Brooks Boyer.  

Well for what it is worth, from what I was told over the winter from people who would know, if half of the things they said Brooks supposedly did are true it really is a terrible situation.

I know Brooks he's always treated me well and I was stunned to be told some of these things, from Sox fest to the stadium naming right deal.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Texsox said:

This is what is referred to as "cronyism". 

Jerry likes his cronies. Guys who will be willing to stroke his ego and not rock the boat. Meanwhile, the franchise continues to be consistently disappointing on the field and the same front office flops repeatedly and fails to develop even a semblance of the sheer talent they drunkenly stumbled into. 

They spent years collective farm pieces to build up a core and what do we have to show for it? 1 legitimate playoff appearance and in turn, a swift exit from said playoffs. Then back in the tank almost immediately. 

I'm getting absolutely tired of Chicago sports and their insistence of holding onto failing executives and coaches because their incompetent owners continue to value their yes-man antics, all while ignoring their infinitesimal ability to put together a competent sports team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Hawk also constantly comes across as angry and bitter and has since before he was not-fired.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 2

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

There definitely seems to be some bitter motivation behind some of his less than effusive comments about the org of late.

Would you really have expected him to get behind another rebuild with half the farm system compared to what they had when it was a legit rebuild in 2017-2019?

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Or maybe the motivation is that the organization is a complete dumpster fire?

The Sox being a dumpster fire isn’t new.  Hawk taking shots at Brooks Boyer of all people is.  Both have been org fixtures for ages yet Hawk is only taking shots at him now.  What changed?

36 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The Sox being a dumpster fire isn’t new.  Hawk taking shots at Brooks Boyer of all people is.  Both have been org fixtures for ages yet Hawk is only taking shots at him now.  What changed?

Boyer has a lot more say/power/influence than he used to...maybe even more than Hahn, in terms of how "everything" organizationally is run, when you start incorporating marketing/public relations/media presence and perception

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Boyer has a lot more say/power/influence than he used to...maybe even more than Hahn, in terms of how "everything" organizationally is run, when you start incorporating marketing/public relations/media presence and perception

Every time Ive written to Brooks, Ive gotten a reply, hes even donated Sox items to a charity here in Freeport. But I voiced my displeasure (very diplomatically) about 2 wks ago but have received no reply this time. Wonder why? Too busy deflecting blame?

• Fire 1

On 8/17/2023 at 4:55 AM, Texsox said:

wonder if he's pointing the finger at Kenny