KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

36 minutes ago, Pal said:

Take it for whatever it's worth, but I heard in the middle of 2022 season JR was mulling selling and this season would be a big factor. Very interested parties at that time were George Lucas and his wife. Also heard Shad Khan and Tony Khan from Jacksonville Jags had interest. 

Didn't think too much of it at the time, but today is interesting.

Oh f*** yes!  Been hyping George and his wife as our potential savior for some time.

32 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They could promote him up to President of Ops mid-season. It's not unheard of.

They should hire him as President of Baseball Ops…been saying this for a while now, but can’t imagine you can just pluck a front office member mid-season without their permission.  Hopefully I’m wrong there because Chernoff would be a fantastic hire.

The timing of the teams new stadium announcement, and the changing of the management may be related. I heard a group led by Melody Hobson who already owns 30% of nonvoting Sox stock, CEO of Ariel Investments, Chairwoman of Starbucks and George Lucas wife is part of the potential new ownership group (she is already  part of the current nonvoting ownership). Reinsdorf's son would own 25% and that would shelter part of the capital gains tax. Another new investor may be part of the group too. In the end, it's all up to the fact they must hire the right person for President of Baseball Operations and give them full authority over all baseball decisions. Getz, Grifol, Haber are all lame ducks until the new Baseball President is hired. And I believe Jerry will be out of the picture. 

I truly think Jerry is done and wants to walk away. Ownership consortiums like these are a rarity today, usually they are billionaires looking for a "hobby" investment. But it has to be better than the current structure both at the Board level as well as the Kenny / Rick arrangement.

Call me an optimist but I hear and foresee more changes coming in the next several months

Edited by palehose1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1

Eloy in the post game highlighted in his lame, loser responses one of the main issues with the organization, zero leadership in the clubhouse, zero enthusiasm, zero discipline. Talent only takes you so far. Pods just nailed it.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

If anyone hasn’t listened to the new White Sox Talk Podcast with Garfein…omg this is podcast gold. McGuffy went in on KW….

Yep, couple of notes:

- KW wanted to trade Burger, not Rick

- KW called McGuffey to talk s%*# before that big Guardians series last year, acting like a total jerk 

- KW and Hahn didn’t work well together

- Yoan was destroyed during the podcast by Chuck and Guff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Good. This team is despicably bad. Thank goodness they have been shown the door. Their performance in building this rotten team is unprecedented. Every move they've made just about is horrific. Trading Burger alone is fire-worthy plus so many other things.

Team needs a new manager NOW as well. Team needs a good GM. This team is so bad it's like an expansion franchise right now. Good luck to whatever GM comes aboard. I'd say this team won't sniff .500 for five years minimum prolly longer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Pedro looks like a guy who knows he’s next on the chopping block 

First thing I'd do is rehire Renteria and start over with him in the dugout. Pedro made some good money as manager so no need to pity him. He'll catch on somewhere.

• Fire 1

Apparently Jerry had serious and frank conversations about the state of his franchise at the HOF ceremony in Cooperstown, which led to the process that culminated in this decision happening today. I assume Tony La Russa was one of the persons who spoke with Jerry.

The key at this point is will the new person have full authority over Baseball Operations, including choices over everyone in the organization including replacing Pedro Grifol, Daryl Boston, Chris Getz, and anyone / everyone else as they see fit.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I think Hahn and KW each issued classy statements. I once gave Kenny an encouraging shout on the streets of NYC, so I feel personally thanked.

I once questioned Kenny about who we got in that Chad Bradford deal and he told me a young catcher he thought I'd like. But I don't know if that was an encouraging conversation for him.

• Haha 1