9/4- Sox at Royals, 1:10

flavum

I still love the rationale for staying internal is they don't have the time to familiarize someone new with the org and the system. Let me tell you Jerry, boy do you have the time before your baseball team is good again.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 6

There's really nothing for an outsider to have to familiarize themselves with. If they are in baseball they already know basically everything has to be torn down and people on the baseball side of the operation fired. 

How hard is that to figure out?????

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I still love the rationale for staying internal is they don't have the time to familiarize someone new with the org and the system. Let me tell you Jerry, boy do you have the time before your baseball team is good again.

That rationale is infuriating on so many different levels.

• Like 2

I wish Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall were still alive and doing Sox games, they had the cajones to call a spade a spade and I’m sure they would be calling out every bum on this team. I knew Jimmy quite well and he hated TLR and would call me every time LaRussa screwed up back in the 80s, I’d love to hear what he’d have to say about the clown we have managing now.

21 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Why is Cronin on an MLB roster?  I've seen him pitch several times, and he just does not have anything close to big league stuff.

At this point does it even matter? Three quarters of this pitching staff is simply cannon fodder. 

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Gang it's going to be an interesting off season isn't it?????????????????????????????????????

Not really. That's why I stopped my mlb.com for next year renewal. There's nothing they can do trade wise to improve dramatically. People are talking about trading our one or two minor league "studs" for oldster Salvy. Salvy will help but you are looking at blah stats from him the rest of his career. His leadership will help of course.

But they've got no reliable starters now that Cease stinks. And the bullpen has to be one of the worst in Sox history. They've got no bats besides Robert. And their defense is blah to bad. Beni is one of their best players. Yikes.

All they can do this offseason is see what they can get for Moncada and TA. Big deal. Those will be the big trades. Nobody on here has even produced a feasible "plan" for the offseason. Sox have maybe 3-4 guys other teams would take in a trade off the big league roster. Sox will have about 45 wins max at this stage of the 2024 season.

• Like 1