latest Getz comments...

Lip Man 1

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Paywall protected but just from the headline I'm guessing Chris doesn't want to say what's on his mind until the last game is played and it's not looking good for Tim.

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Paywall protected but just from the headline I'm guessing Chris doesn't want to say what's on his mind until the last game is played and it's not looking good for Tim.

There's nobody to replace him.

Sosa doesn't belong at SS.

Just hold for 3-4 months and see where Montgomery and the first round draft pick are...they will eventually replace Yoan and Anderson.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Just hold for 3-4 months and see where Montgomery and the first round draft pick are...they will eventually replace Yoan and Anderson.

gonna be longer than 3-4 months

Just gotta hope TA bounces back

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Are you talking about the 2024 first round pick aka Travis Bazzana?  Or do you mean this year's pick?  Cuz Jacob Gonzalez is a long way from a sure thing.

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I think TA will get 14 million if the Sox pick up his option, let him walk and spend the money on signing a decent starting pitcher, we can put up with Andrus another year who at least plays like he cares and shows some life, Montgomery should be ready in 2025.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I think TA will get 14 million if the Sox pick up his option, let him walk and spend the money on signing a decent starting pitcher, we can put up with Andrus another year who at least plays like he cares and shows some life, Montgomery should be ready in 2025.

If he’s anywhere near Corey Seager and the White Sox are 90+ losses bad again…the fans will have to have something to look forward to.

And good hitters destroy Charlotte.

Just no point at all playing Andrus there and dumping Anderson for $1 million…especially when there is $29 million committed to Moncada and they’re going to ride that out to the end just like they did with Grandal.

18 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If the price tag is an issue on Anderson then they are in huge trouble as it's a peanuts deal.  He obviously needs a change of scenery so pick up the option and hope for the best. 

Yeah, no other options in free agency to bring in. Pick up the option and hope you can move him. And hope Colson is ready.

My old paywall hack still works.  The story appears for a second or so before the paywall takes over.  If in that time you're lucky enough to hit control-P, the story will show up in the print preview window and you can read it there or print it first.  Only works on a desktop computer though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

The Sun-Times stopped paywall stories months ago. They changed ownership philosophy and now rely on contributions from readers to help but if you don't contribute the stories are still unblocked. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2022/10/6/23389729/paywall-sun-times-dropping-news-journalism-nykia-wright-jennifer-kho-celeste-lecompte?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20230927_Membership_FallCampaign_Email1_CURRENTDIGITALMEMBER&utm_content=20230927_Membership_FallCampaign_Email1_CURRENTDIGITALMEMBER+CID_b7a16de335f527ae7b75dbf07f7ee12d&utm_source=cst campaign monitor&utm_term=We dropped the paywall&tpcc=20230927_Membership_FallCampaign_Email1_CURRENTDIGITALMEMBER

Edited by Lip Man 1

11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Chicago Public Media acquired them.

The Trib got bought by vultures at Aiden Capital.

If you want to support one or the other, support the Sun-Times. The Trib could get infinite money and Aiden would bleed them dry.

26 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Getz had a poker face yesterday.  In his mind, he knows what he is going to do.  I'd put my chips on the table and bet he is going to blow it up this offseason and start over.  Most, if not all of the bad eggs will be gone.

Then we better not hear about competing in 2024 ever again…

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

There are people in the organization who believe that Montgomery may be your starting SS on opening day.  That means that Anderson moves to 2nd or gets traded. 

1 hour ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Getz had a poker face yesterday.  In his mind, he knows what he is going to do.  I'd put my chips on the table and bet he is going to blow it up this offseason and start over.  Most, if not all of the bad eggs will be gone.

I think they go with a partial blowup, JR is too old for another major rebuild and I think he's going to open up the checkbook and sign some solid free agents while they rid themselves of some guys like TA, Eloy and a few others. I would like to see Clevinger come back and also Giolito, his heart is with the Sox and he wanted to spend the rest of his career on the Southside.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

More “deer caught in the headlights” than “poker face”.