Kim Ng walks away from Marlins

Buehrle>Wood

She will get work elsewhere. Taking the final option year without an extension means you are operating as a lame duck. No mention she was offered an extension in the two articles I've read.

Turning back to the pathetic White Sox, here is another far superior and more experienced hire than what asshole Jerry rushed.

Chris Getz' introductory press conference.

• Haha 2

She'll get hired on as a GM somewhere.  I saw the Red Sox mentioned.  Too bad JR already said that Getz would be the sole decision maker.  She'd be a good option for director of baseball operations.  I don't see her coming back to the Sox to take a backseat role.

• Thanks 1

I could see her joining in someplace in a mostly advisory role just due to the timing of this decision. I'd be okay if it was the White Sox, who are maybe uniquely open to offering a make-work position that she is free to leave whenever it suits her. But yeah, I don't think Jerry is about to shake up the front office and honestly once you've made a decision about the FO structure you probably need to stick with it for at least a little while.

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Didn’t you tell us all that Hahn and KW are hired forever 

Don't think I did but it was a reasonable assumption based on JR's track record. I did write that I was told that Kenny had told JR that when his contract was up (either this year or next year) he was retiring. So he was going to be out of the picture.

I did write from what I was told that Hahn wouldn't leave to take another job unless it was in California because his wife is from there. She likes the Chicago area and wouldn't leave unless it allowed her to go back home.

Regarding my comment about "one voice". JR HIMSELF SPECIFICALLY said that at his press conference so unless he somehow changes his mind he isn't looking for anyone to oversee Getz therefore Ng won't be interested.

On a different note, did anyone see over the weekend where Randy Levine of the Yankees ripped the Rays and Marlins for not spending money but getting a lot of it in revenue sharing?

13 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't think I did but it was a reasonable assumption based on JR's track record. I did write that I was told that Kenny had told JR that when his contract was up (either this year or next year) he was retiring. So he was going to be out of the picture.

I did write from what I was told that Hahn wouldn't leave to take another job unless it was in California because his wife is from there. She likes the Chicago area and wouldn't leave unless it allowed her to go back home.

Regarding my comment about "one voice". JR HIMSELF SPECIFICALLY said that at his press conference so unless he somehow changes his mind he isn't looking for anyone to oversee Getz therefore Ng won't be interested.

On a different note, did anyone see over the weekend where Randy Levine of the Yankees ripped the Rays and Marlins for not spending money but getting a lot of it in revenue sharing?

That’s great and all, we all don’t know anything thanks for confirming