Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

These trade proposals aren’t necessarily great, but it at least highlights a lot of the teams that might interested and some of the pieces that they might be able to offer.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10096703-the-top-10-landing-spots-for-white-sox-sp-dylan-cease-amid-mlb-trade-rumors.amp.html

Orioles fan forum discussion on Cease.  Interesting read for those who want to get a sense of how others might value Dylan.  I will say these guys greatly overvalue their prospects and seem to think they will all pan out.

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/50042-dylan-cease/#comments

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

Orioles make too much sense, IMO. I like the idea of the Sox getting some of their close-to-the-majors guys, because they can’t really develop the ones far away.

Just makes too much sense for both sides.  The only challenge is Elias has been very measured in terms of go for it moves, although the team is now clearly in its competitive window so maybe he gets more aggressive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Orioles fan forum discussion on Cease.  Interesting read for those who want to get a sense of how others might value Dylan.  I will say these guys greatly overvalue their prospects and seem to think they will all pan out.

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/50042-dylan-cease/#comments

Cowser, Ortiz (if Montgomery cannot stick at SS he can be the guy there defensively, if not he can be 2B) and Povich for Cease. 

If BAL says no, remind them they won as many playoff games in 23 as the Sox.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Cowser, Ortiz (if Montgomery cannot stick at SS he can be the guy there defensively, if not he can be 2B) and Povich for Cease. 

If BAL says no, remind them they won as many playoff games in 23 as the Sox.

I really think something like that makes sense.  I’m torn between Cowser and Kjerstad due to his power potential.  I know getting more athletic is a priority but LH power should be as well as long as we play at the Rate.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really think something like that makes sense.  I’m torn between Cowser and Kjerstad due to his power potential.  I know getting more athletic is a priority but LH power should be as well as long as we play at the Rate.

I'm never opposed to more left handed savagery. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Kjerstad would be my pick.

Did you read the Orioles board linked? They don't even want to trade Kjerstad straight up for Cease. 

If I were not a fan of the Sox I wouldn't be interested in acquiring him for anything more than a bag of baseballs.

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Did you read the Orioles board linked? They don't even want to trade Kjerstad straight up for Cease. 

If I were not a fan of the Sox I wouldn't be interested in acquiring him for anything more than a bag of baseballs.

Then they’re a bit ignorant to how trades work. Cease isn’t going to be given away for nothing. All that matters is what the Orioles FO views his value at. They got slapped in the playoffs because they failed to add to rotation talent, and it’s not exactly like there is a can’t miss option in the FA pool. Cease had a rough year last year but the stuff is still there and his 2022 performance was elite. If they want him, pay up.

• Like 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic