Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

When waiting for your favorite show to buffer. | Silly skeleton, Skeleton  pics, Studying funny

Us waiting at the computer for Cali to tell us who he suggested the Sox trade away for Outman last offseason.

Easy to say "trade for this guy" when you're not the one actually trying to line up a trade that works for both teams.

I can always count on you to be the tastiest meatball of them all. Go find another target. Arent me and Balta enough or are you just a typical bully afraid to take a stand against anyone you consider a cool kid. Grow up.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I can always count on you to be the tastiest meatball of them all. Go find another target. Arent me and Balta enough or are you just a typical bully afraid to take a stand against anyone you consider a cool kid. Grow up.

And go ahead and continue to give yourself all the pats on the back you want. Doesn’t mean he was ever a realistic target for our Sox. Dodgers OF at the end of 2022 was him and Betts. That’s it lol they were counting on him.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Lol...I think Bartolo is @Chicago White Sox second least favorite fake insider out there behind only Lion in Texas.

On the merits, it's not a bad proposal you get two pitchers plus a RF....only thing missing is left handed savagery. Take out Knack and Barnes and replace with Busch.

Pretty sure it’s Orlando good ole Al’s Cheesy Beef 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah I have a gut feeling that he's a Dodgers lab created player that would be a JAG anywhere else.

IMO, Baltimore is the best match unless the LAD are super desperate.

Yeah, this should actually be considered heavily to be honest and not getting enough attention. He probably doesn't have anywhere near the 2023 he did with the Sox as he did the Dodgers.

cease was ranked #17 in fWAR but #28 in xFIP. worst case its safe to say hes a bottom third Ace.

I overvalued Gios value at the deadline but the dodgers need to give up 2 SP here. Trading 2 years of an ace for around 10 years worth of #3/4s seems fair (Pepiot/Grove/Sheehan/Stone). Outman just has too much value stored up. The play was to trade for him last off season.

I'd like to imagine 2 of those 4 SP are already in an offer and Getz is waiting for someone to top it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scotty22hotty said:

cease was ranked #17 in fWAR but #28 in xFIP. worst case its safe to say hes a bottom third Ace.

I overvalued Gios value at the deadline but the dodgers need to give up 2 SP here. Trading 2 years of an ace for around 10 years worth of #3/4s seems fair (Pepiot/Grove/Sheehan/Stone). Outman just has too much value stored up. The play was to trade for him last off season.

I'd like to imagine 2 of those 4 SP are already in an offer and Getz is waiting for someone to top it

If he was even available, sure. But the Dodgers depth was low going into the off-season. Guy was penciled into CF.

19 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If he was even available, sure. But the Dodgers depth was low going into the off-season. Guy was penciled into CF.

An issue with some of the Dodgers pitching is that most and/or all of those players are not exactly young for being prospects. 

If I am dealing Cease I would want players young than 25-26 years old as centerpieces. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

We need position players bad IMO. 

We got Nastrini, Eder and Bush and we've been told at least one of Soroka or Shuster will be in the rotation. Presumably before they traded for Nastrini, Eder or Bush they talked to our Farm Director (now GM) to get his thoughts on these minor leaguers since his "expertise" if you can call it that is presumably the minor leagues, so I think getting 2 SPs back as the main pieces for Cease is overkill.

How bout we fucking develop the guys we apparently wanted and traded for? 

Since 24 is lost, why don't we just get position players and come 25 see whether one or more of Pallette, Mena, Thompson, Schultz is ready to be in the rotation?

Schultz was destroying Low A hitters and I bet if given the chance he would have destroyed High A hitters if he didn't get shut down early as a precaution. 

We need legit bats. You got Quero fine....how bout RF and 2B?  

Maybe Pages and Busch? 

Or Cowser/Hjerstad and Ortiz?

The SP prospect can be the third piece....yes they will be flawed, but even the Dodgers other SP prospects in the top 100 are flawed.

Just get the damn bats and go with a close to MLB ready 4/5 low ceiling SP prospect as the third piece. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

We need position players bad IMO. 

We got Nastrini, Eder and Bush and we've been told at least one of Soroka or Shuster will be in the rotation. Presumably before they traded for Nastrini, Eder or Bush they talked to our Farm Director (now GM) to get his thoughts on these minor leaguers since his "expertise" if you can call it that is presumably the minor leagues, so I think getting 2 SPs back as the main pieces for Cease is overkill.

How bout we fucking develop the guys we apparently wanted and traded for? 

Since 24 is lost, why don't we just get position players and come 25 see whether one or more of Pallette, Mena, Thompson, Schultz is ready to be in the rotation?

Schultz was destroying Low A hitters and I bet if given the chance he would have destroyed High A hitters if he didn't get shut down early as a precaution. 

We need legit bats. You got Quero fine....how bout RF and 2B?  

Maybe Pages and Busch? 

Or Cowser/Hjerstad and Ortiz?

The SP prospect can be the third piece....yes they will be flawed, but even the Dodgers other SP prospects in the top 100 are flawed.

Just get the damn bats and go with a close to MLB ready 4/5 low ceiling SP prospect as the third piece. 

I'd much prefer bats from the O's than any of these rough Dodgers offers that are thrown around.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'd much prefer bats from the O's than any of these rough Dodgers offers that are thrown around.

Yeah I kind of prefer the Os too depending on what we can get obviously. Ortiz can be a ++ SS and he has a playable bat too so u don't need to force Monty there if it's not working and I think either LHH outfielder from them is great. 

Just get the two bats and Povich unless the Dodgers are willing to part with Busch, Pages AND a Top 100 SP. 

• Like 2

BTW, since BA came out with their new rankings I noticed Busch is ahead of Rushing. Did they post updated scouting grades?

I'm assuming either this means Rushing won't stick at C or Busch's hit/power tools now grade out as higher than just 55/55, or maybe they are saying he sticks at 2B, which is somewhat doubtful.

17 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

BTW, since BA came out with their new rankings I noticed Busch is ahead of Rushing. Did they post updated scouting grades?

I'm assuming either this means Rushing won't stick at C or Busch's hit/power tools now grade out as higher than just 55/55, or maybe they are saying he sticks at 2B, which is somewhat doubtful.

Their entire top ten was pretty brutal, tbh. Lots of the kind of caveats the sox have too many of.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I had no idea sox fans liked outman so much. 

Guy can't hit lefties, he's a high k high babip player career to date - not a great pair to have. He's fine, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he turned into a pumpkin. 

I'm on record as 100% out on Joc Outman Jr!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I had no idea sox fans liked outman so much. 

Guy can't hit lefties, he's a high k high babip player career to date - not a great pair to have. He's fine, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he turned into a pumpkin. 

I'm on record as 100% out on Joc Outman Jr!

Which is/was likelier...Benintendi reverting to 2020-2022 form with the Sox or suggesting Outman ending up with a sub 2 fWAR in Chicago?

It's relatively easy to predict declines.

Much harder to find those players like an Adolis Garcia or Randy Arozarena that have the potential to break out and have monster performances relative to previous expectations.

I mean, even Jack Parkman was at least 75-80% right on Giolito.

But almost nobody recollects those 85 misses out of 100 on player evaluation.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Which is/was likelier...Benintendi reverting to 2020-2022 form with the Sox or suggesting Outman ending up with a sub 2 fWAR in Chicago?

It's relatively easy to predict declines.

Much harder to find those players like an Adolis Garcia or Randy Arozarena that have the potential to break out and have monster performances relative to previous expectations.

I mean, even Jack Parkman was at least 75-80% right on Giolito.

But almost nobody recollects those 85 misses out of 100 on player evaluation.

Where is that guy?

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic