Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

I wonder if Getz will go for a quantity deal from LAD? Like 1 top 100 and 4 other good pieces instead of 2 Top 100 and maybe a third 15-25 piece? 

Maybe the other 4 good pieces are players like Vivas (2B), Bruns (SP), Ramos (OF), Knack (SP).

You get a high ceiling low floor SP, a low ceiling high floor SP, good platoon LHH 2B who can hit for avg and obp and kills righties and stick at the spot and a platoon RF vs LHP with a good arm and hope Colas sticks and improves as the platoon vs RHP. Both those guys can play in 24 too.

If they did this, not sure who they'd choose as the Top 100. Prolly not Busch if you have a legit 2B also in the trade because it would push him to 1B/DH, I don't think centerpiece can be a 1B/DH unless his hit/power are like 60/60 or more. Prolly not a pitcher cause they already got two. Pages would be duplicative with Ramos...kind of a rich man's version, so by process of elimination you end up with Rushing but where does that leave Quero?

45 minutes ago, fathom said:

Always go for quality over quantity 

If Getz is shooting for a competitive team next year I doubt the Dodgers give up Bobby Miller but he is a local kid. How would you feel if the Sox asked for the injured Dustin May and Rushing.

May is great when healthy but often injured and recovering from a 2nd elbow surgery on his throwing arm. Ask for May and Rushing. Plan for Rushing to play 1st base which is a good place to put a LH bat. Trade Vaughnat the deadline if he has a good 1st half or see what you can get for him now.

It's risky counting on May to return to his former self and avoid injuries but then again prospects are risky also, most of whom have little chance to be impactful MLB players.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

35 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If Getz is shooting for a competitive team next year I doubt the Dodgers give up Bobby Miller but he is a local kid. How would you feel if the Sox asked for the injured Dustin May and Rushing.

May is great when healthy but often injured and recovering from a 2nd elbow surgery on his throwing arm. Ask for May and Rushing. Plan for Rushing to play 1st base which is a good place to put a LH bat. Trade Vaughnat the deadline if he has a good 1st half or see what you can get for him now.

It's risky counting on May to return to his former self and avoid injuries but then again prospects are risky also, most of whom have little chance to be impactful MLB players.

It would be an amazing deal, but one the Dodgers wouldn’t do I’d assume

41 minutes ago, fathom said:

It would be an amazing deal, but one the Dodgers wouldn’t do I’d assume

Maybe but that trade doesn't hurt their roster at all for 2024 .

They'd have Cease then Buehler (29), Miller (24), Pepiot (26), Gonsolin (31), Yarbrough (31), Grove (27), Sheehan (24),Stone (25) and Kershaw coming back in the summer. They all started games for the Dodgers last year. Plus Frasso and Knack behind all those guys. That's a lot of MLB or near MLB starting pitchers.

No doubt the Dodgers would want to give up some that to the Sox  .

And if they get Ohtani he could pitch again in 2025 .

Edit. Blah. May is a FA in 2026 so it would give him only 1 year in 2025 with the Sox. Forget it . 🤣

Sox should ask for Bobby Miller of Elk Grove Village.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe but that trade doesn't hurt their roster at all for 2024 .

They'd have Cease then Buehler (29), Miller (24), Pepiot (26), Gonsolin (31), Yarbrough (31), Grove (27), Sheehan (24),Stone (25) and Kershaw coming back in the summer. They all started games for the Dodgers last year. Plus Frasso and Knack behind all those guys. That's a lot of MLB or near MLB starting pitchers.

No doubt the Dodgers would want to give up some that to the Sox  .

And if they get Ohtani he could pitch again in 2025 .

Edit. Blah. May is a FA in 2026 so it would give him only 1 year in 2025 with the Sox. Forget it . 🤣

Sox should ask for Bobby Miller of Elk Grove Village.

Granderson and Cliff Floyd still out there...

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Granderson and Cliff Floyd still out there...

In a story years ago in Sports Illustrated Floyd was quoted as saying that he grew up a Sox fan and his favorite player was Harold Baines but he wouldn't want to play for the team. 

48 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In a story years ago in Sports Illustrated Floyd was quoted as saying that he grew up a Sox fan and his favorite player was Harold Baines but he wouldn't want to play for the team. 

Was a patient of mine when he was in high school. He is a Sox fan. 

4 hours ago, Johno said:

So are we at a point where the teams going after Cease have made their offers and Getz and his staff our deciding what if any of the offers to take?   

I’m sure offers have been made, but obviously nothing has legs yet. Winter meetings are around the corner and I wouldn’t expect serious offers to even be made until a few of the better FA pitchers are off the board. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic