Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

Ok the White Sox land is great …. Great team talent …Great Farm….Great Leadership. Our farm system is ranked #1 just about everywhere. That’s after graduating Westburg, Rutschman, Henderson, Bradish, Kremer, Hall….should I keep going? 

Dude, you're over here calling White Sox fans biased, on a White Sox message board, while failing to see your own deep bias towards your own prospects. We are all entitled to our opinions, but you are coming off as extremely arrogant while showing your own biased ignorance. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, your position has moved quite a bit over the last few weeks based on your perception of a “hot market.”   But I’m not sure, when the currency is prospects rather than cash, that the market really changes much, if at all.  You are still weighing your evaluation of the players on each side of trade, the service time they have remaining, and the risks involved.  

I personally would never trade Mayo, Kjerstad and McDermott for two years of Cease.  Would Elias?  I doubt it, but I don’t know.  Not do I know if these other teams might bite at your suggestions.   I guess we’ll see.  

I know it..zero chance Elias does that deal.

20 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Cease has some good numbers and 1 great season. His drop in FB velocity and high walk rate have me concerned. I’d still trade for him …I just wouldn’t overpay beyond what I think is his median production 3.75-4.25 ERA. I know what FIP says …. But I’m concerned over the stuff I mentioned. If he ends up being what he was 2 years ago it would be a major win ….but one I’m not counting on and it appears most/all the GMs in baseball. Otherwise someone would’ve mortgaged the farm by now to get him….imo 

That's fine. However you are assuming that the negotiations are over by saying no GM is going to pay this price. This is an unknown. Someone may pay that price. The negotiations aren't over. 

What the Orioles aren't going to get is a good not great dependable starting pitcher for the next 2 years and at an affordable price. None of your other options will be the same. 

It's fine not to pay the price but to say no one will pay it is just not correct. I might be but it could also be that 2 teams are in a bidding war and it will be a high price. 

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Dude, you're over here calling White Sox fans biased, on a White Sox message board, while failing to see your own deep bias towards your own prospects. We are all entitled to our opinions, but you are coming off as extremely arrogant while showing your own biased ignorance. 

I’m confused on why they are still even posting here.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ron883 said:

@Rolle Tide @Frobby @Sports Guy Imagine wanting Joey "Nick Madrigal" Ortiz!

I do..my best case scenario is we trade Westburg as a lead in a deal and keep Ortiz, Cowser and Kjerstad.

I think Westburg has as much if not more value than all of them But we have the ML ready IFers that can replace him, so he’s the best player for us to trade imo.

Take him and pair him with Norby, Beavers/Stowers and Povich…something along those lines.

Im not saying this is or is not for Cease, just saying that’s my preference.

Im more than happy to give Ortiz 500 at bats at second base. I think he’s a 2-3 WAR player right now.  The Os got a 3.3 WAR from Jorge Mateo in 2022 when he hit like dog poo. But his defense carried it. He also got a base running bump that I don’t think Ortiz will get but Ortiz has a better bat.

14 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Cease has some good numbers and 1 great season. His drop in FB velocity and high walk rate have me concerned. I’d still trade for him …I just wouldn’t overpay beyond what I think is his median production 3.75-4.25 ERA. I know what FIP says …. But I’m concerned over the stuff I mentioned. If he ends up being what he was 2 years ago it would be a major win ….but one I’m not counting on and it appears most/all the GMs in baseball. Otherwise someone would’ve mortgaged the farm by now to get him….imo 

19 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

If it were my decision I’d give a lot for Burnes and extend him. Unfortunately it’s not and we have to wait for the ownership change to get out from under the Curse of Peter Angelos

You're worried about Cease's velocity decrease, which is a valid concern, but did you take a look and see the drop-off Burnes had last year? 

Cease dropped around 1 MPH on all of his pitches last year, but so did Burnes. 

Let's look at this objectively. You'd give up a lot (I'm not sure what your definition of a lot is though) for just 1 year of Burnes at $14 million. But would not give up a lot for Cease, who has 2 years of control at roughly $22 million ($8.5 million this year, 13.5 million next year)? 

Even if you think Burnes is a 5 WAR pitcher and Cease is, say, a 3.5 WAR pitcher. You're paying $14 million for 5 WAR in 1 year vs. $22 million for 7 WAR in 2 years. Yes you might be better off rate-wise next year, but Cease's extra control gives him more surplus value. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Say what you want …. I really don’t even want Cease. I’d sign Clevinger, Bieber or trade for Burnes, Valdez , or one of the Seattle guys if they are still available. I don’t think Elias needs to drop his pants to get a deal done. He needs to find someone that’s an upgrade over Gibson. You guys act like it’s Cease or bust and Elias should send Mayo, Kjerstad, Basallo, or (not sure if anyone here has brought up ) Holiday.

Which is total fantasy land because A) you don't know that they are available, and B) you all have gone to the ends of the earth to state how off limits so many of your prospects are.

The first two names you've listed aren't upgrades over what you currently have. And do you seriously think you can get a trade done for a starting pitcher upgrade headlined by a 25 y/o physically maxed slap-hitting SS? f***, and you're here calling Sox fans biased? You sir, are delusional.

But please, go ahead and sign the domestic abuser piece of s%*# human Clevinger, it will just make it that much more enjoyable when the O's fail to win the division and or implode in the Wild Card round.

Peace out.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I only like them if they’re ranked on an internet top 100 list. 

Let's see what Vineyard Pipeline has to say about it. 

Edited by chw42

Wow. 4 pages of Baltimore fans arguing that their #90 ranked prospect is better than our #30 ranked prospect. Intangibles? 

I can just imagine them on some Brewers board, s%*#-talking Burnes and expressing they'd much rather trade for Cease. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’m confused on why they are still even posting here.

Good question. Why the need to repeatedly brow beat Sox fans on a Sox board with such arrogant and ignorant posts is beyond me. @Frobby is more than welcome to stick around though. I appreciate the insight from a knowledgeable O's fan who is level headed and not reactionary in disagreement. 

I suggest the other two meet with a mass ignore list addition.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Wow. 4 pages of Baltimore fans arguing that their #90 ranked prospect is better than our #30 ranked prospect. Intangibles? 

I can just imagine them on some Brewers board, s%*#-talking Burnes and expressing they'd much rather trade for Cease. LOL. 

It would be hilarious if Elias, in the interest of saving some $, employed a troll farm to neg trade targets on opposing teams' message boards as a psy-op of some sorts. Too bad Chris Getz doesn't read these boards. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

Say what you want …. I really don’t even want Cease. I’d sign Clevinger, Bieber or trade for Burnes, Valdez , or one of the Seattle guys if they are still available. I don’t think Elias needs to drop his pants to get a deal done. He needs to find someone that’s an upgrade over Gibson. You guys act like it’s Cease or bust and Elias should send Mayo, Kjerstad, Basallo, or (not sure if anyone here has brought up ) Holiday.

Okay. Then go away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Good question. Why the need to repeatedly brow beat Sox fans on a Sox board with such arrogant and ignorant posts is beyond me. @Frobby is more than welcome to stick around though. I appreciate the insight from a knowledgeable O's fan who is level headed and not reactionary in disagreement. 

Yeah,  @Frobby is cool. I was probably a little salty 3 weeks ago when all this started. @Sports Guy seems to just be here for the argument practice, at this point. Any of you guys hail from "the shithouse side of Maryland"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

I really don’t see Astros dealing Valdez in their contention window. And doesn’t really seem like Bieber or Burnes are available. Guardians would probably rather hold onto him and deal him after he’s proven he’s healthy. And that’s if they’re not in first place in a shitty division.

32 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It would be hilarious if Elias, in the interest of saving some $, employed a troll farm to neg trade targets on opposing teams' message boards as a psy-op of some sorts. Too bad Chris Getz doesn't read these boards. 

Any GM gets influenced by fan boards and media should be fired immediately.  

• Fire 1

35 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yeah,  @Frobby is cool. I was probably a little salty 3 weeks ago when all this started. @Sports Guy seems to just be here for the argument practice, at this point. Any of you guys hail from "the shithouse side of Maryland"?

I mean, I hate Md and think Baltimore sucks as a city but anyone around Chicago shouldn’t be throwing stones. 

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

Any GM gets influenced by fan boards and media should be fired immediately.  

Agreed. As much as fans or media think they know about the players or inner working of the teams, they don't. There are too many things going on that aren't public. 

K. While the cosplay negotiations were tedious, we aren’t going to start just doing city flame war stuff. That’s only allowed for st louis.

There won’t be punishments, I’m just going to hide it because I’m sure there is a Reddit for that stuff you can all go to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Don’t worry, I am not easily offended.  

I agree that those sites you listed are all ones I look at.  Also Baseball Prospectus at times.   Just Baseball is one I came across this summer when their principal, Adam Leighton, was being interviewed about the Orioles’ most recent draft.  They have a weekly podcast that I’ve now listened to a couple of times and it’s pretty good.  Here’s a late-season article from them about the White Sox farm system.  
https://www.justbaseball.com/prospects/where-the-chicago-white-sox-farm-system-stands/

Nice review. He had 4 White Sox players in his top 100, Montgomery, Schultz, Quero and Ramos. Says he a Chicago native. Maybe your Just Baseball guy is Sox fan.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nice review. He had 4 White Sox players in his top 100, Montgomery, Schultz, Quero and Ramos. Says he a Chicago native. Maybe your Just Baseball guy is Sox fan.

I’m not sure where he’s from that’s a good site.

It’s way better than the mean stream sites like BA and MlB.com

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic