Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

MLB has Lowder #41, Arroyo #57,  Phillips #68, Petty , and a lottery ticket for the sake of argument. There #2, #3, #4, and #6 prospects graded (55,55, 55, and 50).

Let’s do this another way, if you were a Reds fan would you think this is a reasonable offer? If you say yes you’re just not being objective about it. If I’m a Reds fans it’s a hell to the no and quickly. I don’t blame the Reds for moving on. 

Cease would be a good addition to almost any team. He’s got a really reasonable contract, has 2 years of control, and has potential to give you ace production. But, the ask is so high that they can’t find a buyer. 

You are referencing a list that is 6 months old. Where do you think they’ll rank those guys when they update their list in a few weeks?

59 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Nightengale predicts that Cease won’t be moved because asking price hasn’t been met. Said Sox are asking for two premium prospects and two more prospects. Price seems realistic to me. I still think he moves. 

Aw Hell, that garbage person now agrees with me? Ugh.

7 hours ago, hi8is said:

I did my part and used the Hall of Fame list feature. Congrats.

So… grapes… green or red? Purple?? I really like the hybrid varieties that they make these days.

Cotton candy grapes rock. That’s some Willy Wonka s%*#.

The cotton candy ones are great if you freeze them and use them as summer snacks. 

58 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Couldn’t this just be more planted messages of posturing relayed to Bob from his friends Jerry/Getz?

This one doesn’t push the market. Almost every insider leak you have heard about the extraordinary interest in Cease makes sense to me if Getz and co are trying to use Nightengale, Morosi, and the minor guys here and on Twitter to drive the market - make teams think there’s a lot of interest in him so that some team will step up and pay for him.

Problem is, you can only leak that for so long before everyone else figures out the game. Getz texting Nightengale about how he is talking to Baltimore the 17th time is less effective than the 2nd time. Predictions that he’s 90% likely to move become less believable as the offseason goes on and more teams look for other options while saying Cease’s price is too high.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think you make an important point here regarding Boras, Snell and Montgomery.

If Getz is indeed waiting for Snell and Montgomery to come off the board before he thinks he'll get serious offers he has no reason to come off any perceived high asking price until then.

If Boras drags this out I'm think Sox fans should be prepared for this to go beyond January . James Fox recently stated he expected Cease to be traded before the end of January. So I'm going to go on record just to say I disagree with James without benefits of insider knowledge.

I really hope that James knows more than he's letting on and it does get done in January but there are still 2 Boras clients to be moved .

Yep, as usual Boras lives the power of controlling the off season and making teams squirm. 

Hopefully, teams get tired of that first and move on to Cease. 

2 Top 100 plus two others is very reasonable...thats pretty much the framework we've been working off (ie Cowser/Kjerstad, Ortiz/Norby, Povich, lotto ticket).

I'm fine with the 4th piece being a lotto ticket so long as the 3rd piece is a solid prospect. 

Certainly should not take less than that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You are referencing a list that is 6 months old. Where do you think they’ll rank those guys when they update their list in a few weeks?

You didn’t answer my question! 

Lowder was the #7 pick this year so he hasn’t pitched (no change), Arroyo is a SS with a .757 OPS this year (maybe he will move a few slots ), Phillips is 22 had a 3.58 ERA at AA, 4.69 At AAA , and 6.+ in the majors, he was clearly rushed. Is there really a reason to devalue him ? If so they shouldn’t sell low and he should start his year at AA imo. Petty had an ERA under 2 this season in 18 starts and has 2 grade 60 pitches and 50 control. My guess is he’s a riser….Does he make the top 100….I have no idea. 

If Getz was devaluing Phillips why was he asking for him. This plus a lottery ticket is a gigantic return. You guys are dreaming over Schulz but who was drafted a year earlier and 19 slots later than Lowder and only pitched 27 innings this year. So I’m guessing you’d rate him extremely high if he was a White Sox prospect. 

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

2 Top 100 plus two others is very reasonable...thats pretty much the framework we've been working off (ie Cowser/Kjerstad, Ortiz/Norby, Povich, lotto ticket).

I'm fine with the 4th piece being a lotto ticket so long as the 3rd piece is a solid prospect. 

And pretty much why it hasn’t happened 

9 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I request that we start a new thread where Sports Guy just keeps repeating that there is no chance any team meets the initial demands of Getz. 

Nobody knows what the initial demands are (or were), and nobody knows if they will be met. We most probably will never know. 

I'm really disappointed none of you Baltimore guys knew my reference to Governor Shaefer's derogatory comment about the Eastern Shore. 

Just shared them with you 

According to Jason Williams of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Chicago asked Cincinnati for a combination of Rhett Lowder, Chase Petty, Connor Phillips, Edwin Arroyo and an unnamed prospect. 

But, doesn’t meet your narrative so you ignore it. Oh dear Mods please help 😂

8 hours ago, hi8is said:

I did my part and used the Hall of Fame list feature. Congrats.

So… grapes… green or red? Purple?? I really like the hybrid varieties that they make these days.

Cotton candy grapes rock. That’s some Willy Wonka s%*#.

Cotton candy grapes are amazing

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

You’d you be willing to place a wager that he gets 95% of this ?

Yes...with someone in my living room.  Getz will get most of what he wants with a bit of patience.  This talk of asking too much accompanies virtually every negotiation for a high-priced piece.  Cease is a valuable trade chip and no amount of negating that will change the fact that someone will pay the price.

10 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No, I respect the opinion of a lot of people here..just not you. You don’t deserve respect. You are a 🤡 that hasn’t provided any value. You are a joke.

Not a fan of this.  Look, if you don’t agree with some of the posters here in the proposed deals, fine but it appears people are feeling you are beating the same drum.  You said your peace now we all wait to see what happen

everyone on both boards is a fan of baseball, we have different perspectives based on what we have both seen up close.  Back er down everyone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Nightengale predicts that Cease won’t be moved because asking price hasn’t been met. Said Sox are asking for two premium prospects and two more prospects. Price seems realistic to me. I still think he moves. 

We know Bob is Jerry’s shill, but who else does he whore himself out to? This doesn’t seem like a leak that helps the Sox. 

36 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yup, nothing overly surprising there.  And it seems like an entirely fair ask.

• Like 1

Friday we had multiple suitors, Saturday the Yanks weren’t so sure, and Sunday morning Bob is throwing cold water. Interpret this how ever you’d like, but it sure looks like classic negotiating through the press to me.

Someone who is hot after Cease wants it out there that the asking price is too high, trying to call Getz’s bluff. It’s odd coming from Bob, but the landscape hasn’t significantly changed in the past 72 hours. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Friday we had multiple suitors, Saturday the Yanks weren’t so sure, and Sunday morning Bob is throwing cold water. Interpret this how ever you’d like, but it sure looks like classic negotiating through the press to me.

Someone who is hot after Cease wants it out there that the asking price is too high, trying to call Getz’s bluff. It’s odd coming from Bob, but the landscape hasn’t significantly changed in the past 72 hours. 

The Snell stuff is the best.  Most “insiders” claim the Yankees aren’t overly excited about adding him at big dollars, but then you have Boras…I mean Heyman…come in and say they like him and feel he is very possible.  Again, if it ain’t coming from Rosenthal or Passan, take anything leaked with a major grain of salt.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Snell stuff is the best.  Most “insiders” claim the Yankees aren’t overly excited about adding him at big dollars, but then you have Boras…I mean Heyman…come in and say like him and feel he is very possible.  Again, if it ain’t coming from Rosenthal or Passan, take anything leaked with a major grain of salt.

Exactly. And leaking to Bob is nice camouflage despite how much he normally suckles at Jerry’s teet.

8 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

If Getz doesn’t get what he’s asking for then wait, simple. I get the injury risk and what not, but rebuild the value and then some, he’s gonna be a Cy Young contender again 

Under no circumstance do you accept a package with less than two 50 FV prospects.  Personally, I’d be targeting a 55 FV, a 50 FV, and a 45 FV guy with some helium.  Ultimately, we need at least one piece you feel really confident about or a high variance guy with superstar upside plus a really good second piece.  Nothing about that ask is overly crazy or outlandish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

You didn’t answer my question! 

Lowder was the #7 pick this year so he hasn’t pitched (no change), Arroyo is a SS with a .757 OPS this year (maybe he will move a few slots ), Phillips is 22 had a 3.58 ERA at AA, 4.69 At AAA , and 6.+ in the majors, he was clearly rushed. Is there really a reason to devalue him ? If so they shouldn’t sell low and he should start his year at AA imo. Petty had an ERA under 2 this season in 18 starts and has 2 grade 60 pitches and 50 control. My guess is he’s a riser….Does he make the top 100….I have no idea. 

If Getz was devaluing Phillips why was he asking for him. This plus a lottery ticket is a gigantic return. You guys are dreaming over Schulz but who was drafted a year earlier and 19 slots later than Lowder and only pitched 27 innings this year. So I’m guessing you’d rate him extremely high if he was a White Sox prospect. 

I didn’t answer your question because the premise is wrong. There’s a HUGE difference between 3 top 100 mlb prospects ranked around 50 each vs 2 top 100 mlb prospects ranked towards the bottom half of the top 100 list. The first is unreasonable, the second is perfectly reasonable.

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

i don't see Getz waiting til the deadline, that extra time allows a really bad Sox team to severely diminish Cease's numbers, coupled with a half season less of control for whoever he's traded to, the return would be less than if he's traded now

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

i don't see Getz waiting til the deadline, that extra time allows a really bad Sox team to severely diminish Cease's numbers, coupled with a half season less of control for whoever he's traded to, the return would be less than if he's traded now

On paper, they should be one of the better defensive teams in mlb depending on what they do with RF. So I disagree that his numbers will take a hit. Yes, his W-L will be terrible because they won’t score (again) but no one looks at W-L for pitchers these days it seems.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic