Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I also think that’s a big part of it.  I haven’t seen any actual spring training games since they aren’t televised, but the velocity being there and likely the slider looking sharper helps alleviate any concerns about 2024 being a redux of 2023.  And the chance of landing a possible cost controlled ace this late into spring training is super fucking valuable.  Maybe the baseball gods are finally go to reward us with a mega package after years of torture.

Yup, being back at 97 and all of his pitches being sharp the past two starts bodes really well for a return to 2022 form. There's no reason to settle for less now.

That Rosenthal trade with the Rangers would be a real clown act. Porter, Leiter and a utility infielder.   Good gracious.

I didn’t like Leiter  in the draft, and he’s only gotten worse.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Great. Then ship Lorenzen in July 

Yes, he would be a pretty good flip candidate, as long as he will accept a one year deal rather than two, which may be likely at this point with the last remaining free agents still looking for homes.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Interesting nugget from DVS’ latest article:

One report, however -- that the Yankees had heightened interest in the wake of Gerrit Cole’s arm issue -- didn’t have much substance according to multiple sources.

I find that hard to believe, but if true, Sox using the Yankees to help drive up the price for the Rangers & Padres? 

Just now, GreenSox said:

Padres. I don’t know what his farm looks like but he’s always willing to trade and we’d only face Cease at most once.

How it would impact the performance of the Sox is the last thing that should matter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Interesting nugget from DVS’ latest article:

I find that hard to believe, but if true, Sox using the Yankees to help drive up the price for the Rangers & Padres? 

I don’t buy this at all.  Cole is already expected to miss opening day.  “Arm issues” always lead to one of two things, long absence on the IR or surgery.  The Yankees are most definitely assessing all of their options for a replacement starter.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

How it would impact the performance of the Sox is the last thing that should matter

How the players impact the Sox’ performance  is the only thing that really matters.   But yes, whether we face cease or not is minor.  
Preller does deals. He’s a good guy to trade with.

4 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I have no idea why they're targeting pitching. They need more help in the position player dept. 

It may be for the best, if Getz thinks guys like the position players he acquired this offseason are actually good, and if he likes a guy like Duran.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It may be for the best, if Getz thinks guys like the position players he acquired this offseason are actually good, and if he likes a guy like Duran.

Maybe the 2024 draft class looks to be thick on college position players. 

28 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I thought his whole argument was that Cease wouldn’t bring back the haul that everyone originally thought?  He still could be right after seeing that rumored Rangers offer.

The whole argument is basically whether he is worth 2 Top 100s (or equivalents for young players who graduated) or 1 Top 100. Balta believes the latter.

If the Rangers return is true then Balta would be right but that just seems unlikely in this market. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I don’t ever watch baseball anymore so I missed Evan Carter in the playoffs.  How did he look in YOUR eyes?  Imagine that’s our Texas target

Carter looked amazing . Don't think TX would part with him.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

14 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I have no idea why they're targeting pitching. They need more help in the position player dept. 

JR is unwilling to pay cash for SP because they break so often, so Getz is backed into the corner of using trade assets for SP.

I agree that the positional side should be addressed first but they seem to hate savages and any kind of meaningful offense in general.

Edited by SoCalChiSox

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic