DeJong to Sox

hogan873

• bmags unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, what a fucking dumpster dive. Why wouldn't have you just give literally any internal option 600 PA and see what happens?

Those guys can still get a ton of at bats but yeah, I would have had them compete for a spot in ST. Who knows, that could still be the plan at 2B if they want Lopez to be the backup.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 12:36 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, what a fucking dumpster dive. Why wouldn't have you just give literally any internal option 600 PA and see what happens?

High quality defense, remote chance to hit 25 HR's and figure something out that's been missing for 3+ years.

Illinois product. Basically just look for any Illinois native, see if they have sucked lately but can still play defense and run a little and those are our next Getz gets.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

High quality defense, remote chance to hit 25 HR's and figure something out that's been missing for 3+ years.

Illinois product. Basically just look for any Illinois native, see if they have sucked lately but can still play defense and run a little and those are our next Getz gets.

For the reasons you state...I like DeJong as a bridge to Montgomery.  The veteran presence is also a plus.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I’m an Illinois native that has sucked lately. I can’t play defense, but I can probably still run a little. Willing to sign for 1 yr/$1 million, Getz.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ha I don't mean sucking in any way other than in the MLB in the last couple of years. NO D no go bro !

Dang. Maybe the fact that I’m past my prime is good enough to get me a minor league contract with a spring training invite.

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’ll do it for league minimum. 

Jerry is just running to the phone to save the couple hundred k.

So many local products out here available to sign!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oldsox said:

So, we are signing over the hill infielders who can't hit, plus we are already stuck with Moncada.  Are any of these guys better than Popeye or Ramos?  Right now?

Popeye is a plus defender at 2b and he's an exciting player, but if you want to improve the bb/K ratio of this team, he's not your guy. He makes TA look like Adley Rutschman.  Ramos has missed a ton of time. I think if he hits this year, he's in line to replace Moncada.