4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)

Just now, wegner said:

They traded away the only guy on the team that busted his ass every game....it was like one last middle finger to the fans from Kenny.

I thought about it the other day… would have been awesome to have moved Vaughn in that deal instead and had Burger at 1B this year. If that wouldn’t work out, you’d have the DH spot where Eloy will be MIA, option declined next year!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

They traded away the only guy on the team that busted his ass every game....it was like one last middle finger to the fans from Kenny.

In a vacuum the deal makes sense.  The pitcher has more upside.  In totality of KW/Hahn it's among the many stupid things they did. 

• Like 1

Why do I get the feeling that Shewmake had that early home run and now he is going to have a whole lot of easy fly outs for awhile??

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Why do I get the feeling that Shewmake had that early home run and now he is going to have a whole lot of easy fly outs for awhile??

Cause you looked at his fangraphs page :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

In a vacuum the deal makes sense.  The pitcher has more upside.  In totality of KW/Hahn it's among the many stupid things they did. 

Before all the injuries...sure.  But you actually have to DEVELOP that upside.

But you don't draft a hitter that high in the first round without him having 1-2 outstanding tools.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Jake burger rakes. Only reason it makes sense in a vacuum is because jake can't mash baseballs from inside one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

First round pick, mediocre minor league numbers.  Worth a shot though.

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I know the weather sucks but he’s shutting out the best offense in baseball and making it look easy. If this guy stays healthy I don’t see why he couldn’t put up 2022 Cease numbers or even better with less innings (only because of the expected innings limitation).

I gotta wonder if they would consider trading him at the deadline if he has a great 1st half

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

What are the odds that Grifol will push Crochet another inning and up into the 80's for pitch count?

Right now at 68.

It’s the top of the order for Braves, so he will have Leone and Hill ready to go 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Thank god we had Maldonado last inning telling Crochet to throw strikes to the number 9 hitter. Totally makes up for the worst hitter in the majors.

I loved them giving crochets credit to the guys who's beer belly has Lance Lynn gawking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've been wrong on plenty of players in my life but never been more wrong than I was on Vaughn. What a chode.

Hopefully you don’t think of this guy when you watch Vaughn batting like I do

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952n7y9un3qzy78081en3

• Haha 3