4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Crochet is 24 years old. They could... you know, sign him? Sox don't plan on being good in the next 6 years. You watching what this guy is doing in his second big league start vs avcuna and an elite offense?

The injury risk is large which is the big concern but if he shows me durability and sustained success this year I'm not moving. 

Way, way too early to think of extending him

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Benintendi, our $75 million dollar singles bunter.

Scott Podsednik without the defense or speed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

At this rate, Crochet is going to end up his season with around 80 innings pitched and 16 starts...half a season?

At some point, they're going to have to start skipping his turns....shut him down for a couple of weeks and let him pitch out of the pen...they can't just end his season in June or July.

The problem is he's going to be too tempting for this stupid organization to overuse chasing after meaningless victories.

Unless they're trying to showcase him for a trade...but that doesn't even make financial sense.  And Crochet might be the second most interesting player on the team after Luis Robert right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There's a saying for catchers.  Present strikes and throw back balls.  If they try to present every pitch as a strike the umpire will get angry.

that's fine except it literally hit the top of the zone with half the ball according to pitch trax. the dreadlocked dumbass was standing up when the ball was halfway home.

• Like 1

There's the Benintendi of KC Royals Way, lol...well, obviously you need to get on in order to score a run, so I guess there's that.

And ReyLo didn't even give Moncada a chance to bunt or "sacrifice" him over by hitting to right side.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Crochet is 24 years old. They could... you know, sign him? Sox don't plan on being good in the next 6 years. You watching what this guy is doing in his second big league start vs avcuna and an elite offense?

The injury risk is large which is the big concern but if he shows me durability and sustained success this year I'm not moving. 

I wasn’t joking when I said he could be the next Randy Johnson but therein lies the blessing and the curse. Because if he’s that good and that durable the next 3 seasons, you really think the Sox will pony up to extend him? That’s just not realistic.