Gamethread (4/6)

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

What do these numbers represent:

era's of our relievers? too lazy to look it up, not giving the sox that much of my free time

• Haha 2

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

3 hits, no runs.  What wise words will Grifol grant us with after this shitshow?

I just want to know if Grifol knows that Grossman sucks against RHP?   Meanwhile, Charlotte goes to 1-7 also, as they also only get 3 hits.   

• Thanks 1

You know how Hawk says every team wins 60 and loses 60 and it's the other 42 that matter? Well, I don't think this team is gonna win 60 games. 

Edited by chw42

Flexen as has a great 6 innings; but he's Flexen so you've got to be leery about giving him another go-around.  Okay you can send him out in the 7th just to see, but once he gives up that hit, pull him and pocket the good start/low pitch-count premium.  But no, leave him in and then  he gives up a homerun and he still hasn't seen enough and keeps him out there.

The starters have been good this year, so the bullpen really isn't taxed.  Good managers are on top of this kind of thing.

• Like 1

Just now, baseball_gal_aly said:

Even if Mena turns out to be nothing special, the new FO needs to be roasted on a spit for thinking Fletcher is any good. He is very bad at baseball. 

He’s just not someone you try to build a contending lineup with down the road.  Getz is so overmatched.  He’s obsessed with guys with low ceilings.

• Like 3

Just now, chw42 said:

You know how Hawk says every team wins 60 and loses 60 and it's the other 42 that matter? Well, I don't think this team is gonna win 60 games. 

I always thought that saying was incorrect.  More like win 50 and lose 50. It takes a special kind of bad to win fewer than 50, and it's only been done a handful of times. 

Just now, GreenSox said:

Flexen as has a great 6 innings; but he's Flexen so you've got to be leery about giving him another go-around.  Okay you can send him out in the 7th just to see, but once he gives up that hit, pull him and pocket the good start/low pitch-count premium.  But no, leave him in and then  he gives up a homerun and he still hasn't seen enough and keeps him out there.

The starters have been good this year, so the bullpen really isn't taxed.  Good managers are on top of this kind of thing.

Grifol isn’t good, that’s not even in question. He probably goes home every night and gives Jerry his vitamins to help him stay healthy.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He’s just not someone you try to build a contending lineup with down the road.  Getz is so overmatched.  He’s obsessed with guys with low ceilings.

He's obsessed with Grindy McGrinderson. 

I did not think it could get worse than Rick and Kenny. It looks like it got worse. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly