Gamethread (4/6)

1 minute ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

He's obsessed with Grindy McGrinderson. 

I did not think it could get worse than Rick and Kenny. It looks like it got worse. 

I would do anything for Kenny back (go the hell away Rick) shooting for the stars 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Grifol isn’t good, that’s not even in question. He probably goes home every night and gives Jerry his vitamins to help him stay healthy.

Hard to care when you know the offense won't score. Might as well let your starter go as long as possible. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pitching was good, defense made no errors…and they had absolutely no chance to win.  

Cut and paste that until October. 

• Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Grifol isn’t good, that’s not even in question. He probably goes home every night and gives Jerry his vitamins to help him stay healthy.

You don't even have to be good to manage most of these situations.  You just have to be not terrible.  

A good manager would run roughshod over Getz;  But I would hope that Getz might see some benefit to his own career in a manager who really knows the game.
I always thought the reason that Hahn never hired a good manager is because he didn't want the manager to show him up; I would hope that Getz is more self aware and without those ego issues.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Kenny looks like a wizard of a GM compared to Hahn and Getz.

Yep, and Kenny got promoted for actually being good at his job before GM. 

But he also inherited Frank, Paulie, Caballo and Maggs. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

12 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Even if Mena turns out to be nothing special, the new FO needs to be roasted on a spit for thinking Fletcher is any good. He is very bad at baseball. 

Roberts catches ball.