4/7 Game thread

Well, at least the centerfield camera mystery is officially solved - the wind is gusting like crazy, blowing the fountain's water spray directly into it, as well as occasionally flapping the backdrop cloth in front of it.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, greg775 said:

He deserves praise. He's good.

He has been incredible, so far he's exceeded my expectations that were already pretty lofty. I'm just waiting to get burned because it seems inevitable: Sox fans aren't allowed to have nice things. 

Though I think the lesson I'm learning is to stop watching these games after the 6th inning. And that maybe Deivi isn't as good as I thought he was. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Well, at least the centerfield camera mystery is officially solved - the wind is gusting like crazy, blowing the fountain's water spray directly into it, as well as occasionally flapping the backdrop cloth in front of it.

that's a great metaphor for being a sox fan, just replace water with liquid feces. 

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Crochet has been a huge bright spot.  Besides that, what a total disaster.

I’ll keep banging the drum for Wilson because he looks like a dude. Fedde has also looked better than I expected.

• Like 4

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’ll keep banging the drum for Wilson because he looks like a dude. Fedde has also looked better than I expected.

The whole rotation is actually performing well beyond expectations. It's just the rest of the team is an absolute disaster. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

The whole rotation is actually performing well beyond expectations. It's just the rest of the team is an absolute disaster. 

Yep. I’ve got nothing positive to say on the position player side other than the defense looked much improved until today.

If they keep sucking like this, how long until the whole team turns on Grifol?

I think the players would have to actually care if they win or lose for something like that to happen. I dunno, I can't blame Grifol for our first baseman hitting .200 with no homers. I give him a little credit for playing Shewmake and Sosa. 

Just now, wegner said:

I'm getting a little worried about this team....the schedule is going to get harder.

What happens when the starters aren't putting up quality starts? This team might have 5 wins by the end of the month. 

• Like 2

What happens when the starters aren't putting up quality starts? This team might have 5 wins by the end of the month. 

5???

playoffs.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Where are those wins going to come from? We can’t beat KC, how are we going to beat anyone else.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

This team is so bad that Yoan Moncada is now their best player.

Rewind to 2019:

”by 2024, Yoan Moncada will be the best player on the White Sox.”

• Haha 4