4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT

Another soft tissue injury running the bases by a guy who is built like a Greek God. 

Ozzie was right, fat doesn't pull.

The three stooges, Moncada, Jimenez and Robert.

All you can do is laugh.

SS2K5 is right this entire operation needs to be burned down to the ground starting with new ownership. Until then the baseball gods are going to keep shitting on it and by proxy the fan base.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

That was special by Kopech.  Missed the 8th, but that was electric

He was crazy good in the 8th. The 9th looks bad in comparison actually lol

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Another soft tissue injury running the bases by a guy who is built like a Greek God. 

Ozzie was right, fat doesn't pull.

The three stooges, Moncada, Jimenez and Robert.

All you can do is laugh.

SS2K5 is right this entire operation needs to be burned down to the ground starting with new ownership. Until then the baseball gods are going to keep shitting on it and by proxy the fan base.  

Confused - this board rips on Yoan for being fat. Now he’s built like a Greek God?

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He doesn't look fat to me. 

I guess it’s more a response to a lot of the people on the board who rip him for being fat and lazy.

Just now, JoeC said:

I guess it’s more a response to a lot of the people on the board who rip him for being fat and lazy.

He's not fat but "lazy"...I won't argue against that. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Stone is such a p**** ass b****. Won't even critique Grossman you KNOW if that was Yoan he would have lit into him and blah blah blah play the game hard blah blah blah.

Well Rexy is Stone Pony and Getz’s favorite color. 

On the post game show Garfien was talking about all the injuries the Sox have had over the last four years and he was asking who was responsible.

Ozzie didn't hesitate, "I blame the players."

When Garfien asked why Ozzie said (paraphrasing) 'Because they are working out in the off season to look good they aren't doing baseball stuff.'

He went on to say instead of giving personal trainers 100,000 dollars to train you he said, (paraphrasing) 'Give me 10,000 dollars and I'll have you doing baseball stuff  all winter fielding, running, hitting...'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He doesn't look fat to me. 

He's got those short, thick thighs that have a tendency to cramp up.  He needs stretching exercises not muscle builders and I bet he's doing the wrong regimen.

• Like 2

Good to pick up a win. Our relief pitching, especially Kopech, and our doubles hitting tonight were positives. Perhaps Kopech in this relief role like this is where he can add the most value.

What concerns me: the strikeouts. I see a lot of pitchers having double-digit Ks against us, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see us on the receiving end up having a game with 15 or 18 Ks.  Also, playing Maldonado when he’s batting under .100 and striking out 30% of the time.  Does Maldonado really give us that much of an upgrade on defense and development to let him add nearly nothing to the lineup?

I just heard about Moncada. Is this for real?? The White Sox have lost their three best hitters on paper in the first 10 games. After all the injuries last year, the least the Sox coulda done was devote the entire offseason to working with THE BEST trainers in developing the best plans to avoid this stuff.

Prayers up for Moncada. That looked awful. Geez.

Kopech one slider in two innings.  He needs another reliable pitch, just like Hendrix did, although his 100+ is faster and moves more than Hendrix's did.  I'm not just being a downer, I loved what I saw tonight.

3 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Kopech one slider in two innings.  He needs another reliable pitch, just like Hendrix did, although his 100+ is faster and moves more than Hendrix's did.  I'm not just being a downer, I loved what I saw tonight.

Why throw anything else when they aren't touching him? He was insane, especially that first inning. That was the Michael Kopech that was hyped before he ever made the major leagues. In an era of max effort, a lot of guys throwing 100, he was saying here it is, and they had no chance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Why throw anything else when they aren't touching him? He was insane, especially that first inning. That was the Michael Kopech that was hyped before he ever made the major leagues. In an era of max effort, a lot of guys throwing 100, he was saying here it is, and they had no chance.

He looked great. If he keeps it up, do we keep him or flip him is the question.

Edited by dohnut

14 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I didn’t do it lol those runline bets could be fucked. I’m not worried…yet.

Of course you didn't, however if they were being shut out the bet would have certainly been on and you would of been bragging about it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I didn’t say anything about Bummer, fathom did.  However, in Getz’s haste to fill three positions relatively cheaply in one bad trade, it hasn’t worked out.  I would’ve rather had a couple younger prospects for Bummer.  Getz took back the Braves’ non-tender candidates.

A couple of younger prospects, LOL.   We were lucky to have gotten anything besides a bag of balls for Bummer.

I see he's lights out in Atlanta....4.1 IP, 1 L (already), 6.23 ERA, and 2.08 WHIP

• Like 2