Bleacher Report ranks Sox MiLB system 3rd

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

And didn't win any postseason series. It was a complete debacle. The only thing good to come out of that rebuild was TA's cornfield walk off, Gio's no-hitter, and Leury Legend's bomb in the post season game. That's it.

Playoffs are a crap shoot. All you can ask is that they put themselves in a position to make it and do damage. They did that for two seasons.

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Playoffs are a crap shoot. All you can ask is that they put themselves in a position to make it and do damage. They did that for two seasons.

And we were promised multiple championships. This new rebuild happening under the same ownership group, what reason is there to believe we won't get similar results? Please show me why I should believe that these players will develop into what their potential says they will develop in to. What have the Sox done to improve in the area of developing young promising players?

After the Pierzynski rant that went viral (and I thought was a little ill informed/unfair), I'd love if someone was able to compile a list of all players drafted in Round 11 or later from 2017-2020 (Getz's time as Director of Player Development) that made the MLB for all teams and see how many guys each team had and how good they were.  

I'd be willing to guess most teams didn't have a ton and out of the ones that made it, most of them are guys like Seby Zavala.

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don't understand why people get so up in arms about being people negative about this organization that embarrasses itself year in and year out. If you want to be positive fine but not sure why or how you're so invested in how others feel (which is deserving)? 

If you want to enjoy the miserable product on the head then go ahead. No one is stopping you from enjoying it.

People on RealGM Bulls forum are at least saying "team competed" and "played hard" and "made it respectable" given all the injuries and they are right. Like the Bulls are not in any way a good franchise, but as a fan you can take some enjoyment out of being a tough competitor night in and night out.

This White Sox team is getting ass blasted 8-1 or 5-0 most nights and is on pace to set the MLB record for most losses.

Who the f*** would try and spin that positive? You can say that Getz deserves more than one offseason but that's it. Don't try and justify whatever the f*** this year's team is. And yes, even with payroll constraints, he selected this historically awful 26 man roster.

2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

That's why I haven't COMPLETELY understood the doom and gloom unless you are entirely ignoring the whole picture. There is some hope to be gleamed from it all. Yes the major league team is complete ass, but literally no one on the team matters in a year or two minus like, 4 or 5 dudes. 

Probably because we watched the White Sox turn a similarly ranked farm system from 2018, into what we see now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Probably because we watched the White Sox turn a similarly ranked farm system from 2018, into what we see now?

None of them could stay healthy and our former GM was only interested in signing bullpen pieces. I'm willing to give it another go because what other options do I have? 

• Like 1

The troll posts and related replies have been removed.  If I missed any, my apologies.  With this this thread is reopened with the clear mandate that anymore of this cross thread argument dragging is over and will result in suspensions and/or bans.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The troll posts and related replies have been removed.  If I missed any, my apologies.  With this this thread is reopened with the clear mandate that anymore of this cross thread argument dragging is over and will result in suspensions and/or bans.

I think someone has earned their way on to many Ignore Lists. I forget about that function but it's definitely a good one. Just added to it. Better to use it and move on.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think someone has earned their way on to many Ignore Lists. I forget about that function but it's definitely a good one. Just added to it. Better to use it and move on.

It's over.  Any questions, message me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Quin said:

To add to the new thread:

MiLB.tv is awesome and I encourage those looking for more exciting-but-still-White-Sox-related baseball to watch the occasional Barons game.

Might have to use it tonight. The train wreck that is the 2024 White Sox may be PPD.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And despite all that they were still a pennant contender for two seasons (a rare occurrence for this organization). Unfortunately, the peak was much shorter than expected but they had a legitimately strong roster for two seasons.

One might argue the roster wasn't that great but Ricky did a fine job with what he had. Sox kind of deserve what's happening after what they did to RR and Bennetti too. Bad karma.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

One might argue the roster wasn't that great but Ricky did a fine job with what he had. Sox kind of deserve what's happening after what they did to RR and Bennetti too. Bad karma.

The organization deserves it for many reasons, the fans do not (unless you ask JR)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Quin said:

MiLB.tv is awesome and I encourage those looking for more exciting-but-still-White-Sox-related baseball to watch the occasional Barons game.

I’ve been getting the MiLB games (on my phone/tablet at least) with my regular MLB.tv sub as an fyi to whomever. 

1 minute ago, Pale Sox said:

I’ve been getting the MiLB games (on my phone/tablet at least) with my regular MLB.tv sub as an fyi to whomever. 

I always thought you had to pay separate for it. When did they start including it? Or is the part of the deal if you have T-Mobile?

31 minutes ago, Quin said:

It's been so smooth this year. I haven't had a single buffering or other stream issue. Pretty impressive given how s%*# NBA league pass still is.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I always thought you had to pay separate for it. When did they start including it? Or is the part of the deal if you have T-Mobile?

I have just a regular mlb.tv subscription, but I’m able to watch the MiLB games with it. Give it a shot tonight. 

Didn't we historically used to make fun of Bleacher Report's credibility on prospect rankings compared to most of the other rankings out there...for pretty much all the major sports?

Does any other halfway reliable service have us anywhere besides #10-18?

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 3