4/22: Sox @ Twins - 640CT - Cannon v. Paddack

33 minutes ago, tjp1684 said:

Can it be “all of the above?”  A manager who shouldn’t be leading this team.  A front office that put together a poor, cheap, underperforming roster.  Players who realize this is a bad team with some just cashing paychecks.  An ultimately an owner who needs to sell the team.

Have to agree, and some of these guys are mailing it in.

21 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes I do, but if they do it multiple times, why isn’t a message getting across? Accountability.

See my Sox Quote of the Day. Grifol avoided answering DVS's question on it. 

20 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I assumed it was Cuda. Why doesn't AJP want to cite Merkin?

Probably holds Boyer and him responsible for kicking him out of Sox Ambassador's role due to negativity/honesty.

Edited by caulfield12

So Sox get one walk, strike out 12 times but get 8 hits. No runs. Ugh. What a historically bad team. Sox have been lousy at drawing walks for years it seems. Just pathetic at bats.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Have to agree, and some of these guys are mailing it in.

Mailing it in in April is unbelievably sad. If they can pinpoint a guy mailing it in, just release him. Nobody's making real money anyway. Dump them for somebody who loves baseball. Anybody can hit .150 to .190.

9 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes I do, but if they do it multiple times, why isn’t a message getting across? Accountability.

Because they are bad baseball players for MLB players. No manager is going to make them much better.

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Because they are bad baseball players for MLB players. No manager is going to make them much better.

True, but I think Dick is referring to all the big talk by Grifol about how he would coach these guys up.  He hasn’t accomplished anything he said he would do when he talked a big game after his hiring.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

True, but I think Dick is referring to all the big talk by Grifol about how he would coach these guys up.  He hasn’t accomplished anything he said he would do when he talked a big game after his hiring.

I believe it's a reasonable expectation for players at this level to arrive knowing the fundamentals that they learned in little league. Basically he's working with guys that need to go back to their tee ball days. I put that 99% on the GM and players. 

Pedro is being asked to take the worse lineup in baseball and win games. The greatest manager in baseball history isn't going to win 60 games with these guys. Obviously we could use upgrades everywhere, including the manager. I'm going to beat the drum that these guys are not MLB talent and that has to be addressed first before looking at the manager. Firing Pedro would just be another cover up for the fact this organization can't field a MLB lineup. JR has lived by smoke and misdirection. We need MLB level talent. 

Is Pedro a WS manager? Not now, and he won't be with the Sox. Eventually he has to go. 

57 minutes ago, Texsox said:

They can make them throw to the correct base, or do a run down correctly, and if they can't do that, not play them. "When they hired him, I was excited. His introductory press conference was music to my ears. He has failed in every aspect. I understand a new manager isn't going to make this a playoff team, but it's pretty clear if this was a playoff caliber team, Pedro would mess it up. Get him out of here. 

Edited by Dick Allen

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They can make them throw to the correct base, or do a run down correctly, and if they can't do that, not play them. "When they hired him, I was excited. His introductory press conference was music to my ears. He has failed in every aspect. I understand a new manager isn't going to make this a playoff team, but it's pretty clear if this was a playoff caliber team, Pedro would mess it up. Get him out of here. 

Ok. Don't play them. Rush some guys up to replace them. Hire a new manager. It's exactly what the Sox do to hide they have crappy players over and over again. I guess it will keep working. 

Change the uniforms, build a new stadium, bring in a new announcer, retire a number, hire a domestic abuser, fire a bigamist, switch TV networks, do whatever they want. But it is just a cover for not being able to draft, attract, or develop MLB level talent. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Ok. Don't play them. Rush some guys up to replace them. Hire a new manager. It's exactly what the Sox do to hide they have crappy players over and over again. I guess it will keep working. 

If the players aren't listening to this guy, it's time for a new guy. They are major leaguers, they are capable of throwing to the right base, holding runners on, doing rundowns correctly. 64-120 is all you need to know. i though 61-101 was the bottom, but 3-19 is an all time franchise worst start.  

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If the players aren't listening to this guy, it's time for a new guy. They are major leaguers, they are capable of throwing to the right base, holding runners on, doing rundowns correctly. 64-120 is all you need to know. i though 61-101 was the bottom, but 3-19 is an all time franchise worst start.  

Sure. If a new manager will make you happy, maybe you'll buy a ticket or two. Make you believe real change is happening, fire the guy. I won't care either way. 

The only thing that will make me happy are MLB capable players in the field. Until that gets addressed we're just wasting time thinking this will be anything but a fifth place franchise. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Sure. If a new manager will make you happy, maybe you'll buy a ticket or two. Make you believe real change is happening, fire the guy. I won't care either way. 

The only thing that will make me happy are MLB capable players in the field. Until that gets addressed we're just wasting time thinking this will be anything but a fifth place franchise. 

Even bad players can play the correct way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Ding ding ding ding ding......

30 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I agree with that

14 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

AJ questioning Grifol's bullpen usage sounds like he's angling for a job.  

AJ or Ozzie, this team needs someone who can kick ass and hold players accountable, unlike Grifool.

BTW, excuse me but I didn't watch the game or the game thread so my post is coming in after the fact.   I did check in a couple of times during commercial breaks for The Voice. That's shows bad it's gotten, me watching the The Voice with the wife instead of my beloved White Sox.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add on

One thing I don't want to hear is they are not getting the breaks. Besides, good teams tend to get breaks, and then take advantage of them. And Stoney: Stop complaining about the umps. The Sox are not losing because of bad umpiring. They've been outscored 31-7 during the last four games. Sounds like the Bears getting trounced.

7 minutes ago, Highland said:

One thing I don't want to hear is they are not getting the breaks. Besides, good teams tend to get breaks, and then take advantage of them. And Stoney: Stop complaining about the umps. The Sox are not losing because of bad umpiring. They've been outscored 31-7 during the last four games. Sounds like the Bears getting trounced.

Yeah, he’s definitely Hawk now.