Hawk speaks...

Lip Man 1

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Maybe Hawk can come back in a managing role.

I miss him.  We all miss him.  Ratings would increase.

Hawk barely talked when things weren't going well like 10 years ago, he'd be silent for entire broadcasts now. 

• Haha 3
  • Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Hawk barely talked when things weren't going well like 10 years ago, he'd be silent for entire broadcasts now. 

I mean, they could just try to bullshit us that he's in the booth, and there'd be a compelling case to believe them.

• Haha 3
  • Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Hawk is first and foremost a fan, which means like most Sox fans he’s past the anger phase too.  He’d be fine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Would still be better than endless concessions promotions, Sox Math videos and the Nationwide jingle.

What next...spending more time hyping future opponents?

9 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Nothing will increase the ratings. These last few seasons have done irreparable damage to this team that I’m not sure ownership fully understands yet.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Nothing will increase the ratings. These last few seasons have done irreparable damage to this team that I’m not sure ownership fully understands yet.

This franchise has had a lot of really, really bad things happen to it.  This is pretty normal.

21 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Says he feels for the fans, that it can't get any worse and that it will turn around. frankly I find that hard to believe. Also feels the new TV broadcaster is doing a good job:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/04/23/ken-harrelson-on-white-sox-its-been-ugly-and-i-feel-bad-for-our-fans

Since they eventually will trade any pitcher that has any value, it sure as hell can get worse....hard to believe but it can.

5 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Yep, if the diehards on here don’t want to watch, no way are the casuals watching.  I can’t even imagine how bad attendance will be the rest of the year and next year.   Can’t wait to see a payroll around 80 million.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

No they understand. That's why they want to move to Nashville. 

It's either deliberate or neglect. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Haha 2

Just now, baseball_gal_aly said:

No they understand. That's why thet want to move to Nashville. 

It's either deliberate or neglect. 

Nashville wants an expansion team.  They want nothing to do with an existing team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Hawk is first and foremost a fan, which means like most Sox fans he’s past the anger phase too.  He’d be fine.

Going to have to agree to disagree here. It was getting to be a tough listen at the end of his run. Just let him watch Walker Texas Ranger and turn Smirnoff into urine in peace.

34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Would still be better than endless concessions promotions, Sox Math videos and the Nationwide jingle.

What next...spending more time hyping future opponents?

You gotta admit, his hyping of Bruce “Cy” Chen whenever he faced the Sox was other worldly levels of embarrassment.

28 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, if the diehards on here don’t want to watch, no way are the casuals watching.  I can’t even imagine how bad attendance will be the rest of the year and next year.   Can’t wait to see a payroll around 80 million.

jerry-reinsdorf.jpg

“I can’t wait either.”

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You gotta admit, his hyping of Bruce “Cy” Chen whenever he faced the Sox was other worldly levels of embarrassment.

He pitched like Cy Young against the White Sox.  No lies detected.

53 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Hawk is simply the best. I have no doubt he could still call a game. 

21 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Going to have to agree to disagree here. It was getting to be a tough listen at the end of his run. Just let him watch Walker Texas Ranger and turn Smirnoff into urine in peace.

Exactly.  People must forget how Hawk would go silent for innings at a time whenever the Sox were losing.  With this team and it’s losing ways, he’s be fuming and Stone would have to carry each broadcast.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

44 minutes ago, fathom said:

I really believe the AAA team at the major league level would be more watchable.  You would at least see guys not going through the motions.  And they would have won 3 out of 23 games.

• Like 1

Speaking of announcers, Stoney had a stupid twitter post today and I normally love Stoney. He posted something about getting through hard times like this shows how tough a player is, blah blah. Cmon Stoney, you know this team is an exception. No rah rah stuff here. Team has worst talent in team history and an astonishingly bad manager. Don't give us some dumb inspirational tweet, not about this team. And I repeat, I love Stone.

30 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Speaking of announcers, Stoney had a stupid twitter post today and I normally love Stoney. He posted something about getting through hard times like this shows how tough a player is, blah blah. Cmon Stoney, you know this team is an exception. No rah rah stuff here. Team has worst talent in team history and an astonishingly bad manager. Don't give us some dumb inspirational tweet, not about this team. And I repeat, I love Stone.

Stone’s tweet was pretty embarrassing but he knows who signs his paychecks.  Sox fans are shredding him in their replies.  It’s quite amusing.

Edited by WhiteSox2023