4-25 Game thread Sox @ Twins, lucky #7? 12:10 CDT 1st pitch

Just now, fathom said:

How is Vaughn not trying to hit a grand slam in that last at bat?

Because he’s in his own head and is coming crashing down psychologically that he may not be an MLB player much longer.

• Like 1

Hmm another 4-game sweep. Not easy to lose four in a row to the same team. This is a noble baseball experiment we're witnessing. When you have only 2 good starters (one hasn't arrived yet) and basically no good relievers (OK maybe one per given game out of five) and basically seven of nine hitters (on a given night) that don't belong on an MLB batters box, you figuratively will lose 9 of every 10 games. Defying the law of averages. 

Will somebody please tell me why no media member has gotten a comment from the commissioner's office about what's going on 35th St. and Shields? This is unacceptable. (Look at the Twins record before we came to town; we may have saved their season by gosh).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

something tells me Grifol is done within the next week

If they don't win 5 games by next week he should definitely be gone. Even if the team is ass no MLB team is so ass that they win 10% of their games. It just does not happen. FWIW, the Sox just tied the 03 Tigers and 22 Reds for the worst start of all time.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

MLB is infuriating. They continue to make the White Sox play nearly everyday.  It’s just mean. 

Every day I open up At bat thinking how badly are they losing today? A little different this week since they were actually winning in 3 out of the last 4 games. But Pedro and the bullpen are horrendous so of course they lost all of them.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

If they don't win 5 games by next week he should definitely be gone. Even if the team is ass no MLB team is so ass that they win 10% of their games. It just does not happen. FWIW, the Sox just tied the 03 Tigers and 22 Reds for the worst start of all time.

the longer this goes on, the louder the voices that Jerry is trying to ignore will become, can't avoid them forever, not when you're this bad

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I said the same fucking thing yesterday. FOR TWO YEARS ELOY HAS SEEN GARBAGE AWAY TO START ABs!

He's almost always down in the count because of it. Like do we have a single fucking coach that can work with him on IDing how pitchers attack his weaknesses? Come the f*** on this is MLB you're all being very well compensated to be at the pinnacle of the profession DO YOUR JOB.

Or, he's uncoachable. 

You guys that rooted for losses at the start of the first tank through the tank that got mad at me should have just waited a few years.

Am I a bad fan for enjoying the losses? Just seeing how low we can go at 3-22 and counting? Since I don't buy mlb.com anymore and don't watch the games it's kinda humorous to see this historic ineptitude play out. Losses are almost like wins in my mind now. 

I wonder if next season will be just as bad or worse in April. 3-22 is pretty tough to match.

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

the longer this goes on, the louder the voices that Jerry is trying to ignore will become, can't avoid them forever, not when you're this bad

They've got a former MLB manager that actually had success as bench coach. You have to shake things up. They are bad but they are not this bad. At some point the blame is on Pedro for making just about everyone play like they belong in AA.

LOL, you guys thinking they're gonna fire Grifol.  I bet they get no hit before that happens.

JR listen to fans?  Isn't he the guy that blame us for not showing up?

Delusional at best.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They've got a former MLB manager that actually had success as bench coach. You have to shake things up. They are bad but they are not this bad. At some point the blame is on Pedro for making just about everyone play like they belong in AA.

Sometimes change for change sake.

He doesn't connect with players it appears.

I hope they get rained out tomorrow and drop two on Saturday. Going 3-24 for a month of baseball games just doesn’t happen in MLB. That would be remarkably bad. Pedro deserves it if he isn’t fired tonight. 

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Montoya is just as bad as Grifol 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The 22' Reds finished 62-100 so the Sox would need to go 59-78 the rest of the way to be able to match that.

I am not seeing it. We don't even have as much talent as that team had.

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

Montoya is just as bad as Grifol 

I'm saying if money is what JR is worried about when firing Grifol, he's got a possible replacement he's paying right now anyhow. At this point making a change just to make a change is the move. I don't care if Montoyo also sucks.

• Thanks 1