Sox @ Cards 5/4, belated game thread

3 minutes ago, Snopek said:

That little tantrum was annoying

He’s baseball stupid, no question. I hate to sound like I’m on the side of the pro-Benetti assholes in the media, but Schriffen is bad. Hope he gets better. 

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What did he say?

He was upset they were stopping the game. It came off like the most important thing about the situation was getting the sox a win, not player safety, not the fact that Brebbia kept asking for new baseballs multiple times between each pitch.

• Thanks 2

What are the rules?  Can they seriously call this game with the bases loaded and 2 strikes left?  Hard to see Brebbia coming back so guess it’s Tanner Banks for half an at bat.

15 minutes ago, Rusty said:

What are the rules?  Can they seriously call this game with the bases loaded and 2 strikes left?  Hard to see Brebbia coming back so guess it’s Tanner Banks for half an at bat.

Inning has to be completed.

33 minutes ago, Snopek said:

He was upset they were stopping the game. It came off like the most important thing about the situation was getting the sox a win, not player safety, not the fact that Brebbia kept asking for new baseballs multiple times between each pitch.

He needs to calm the f*** down. The conditions were not playable. You don't just keep playing so the Sox can get a win. I mean, it's a meaningless game at the start of May for a team that will finish with 110+ losses anyways. Who really cares.

He's not going to last long before he strokes out in the booth if this is how he's reacting to...this team.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He needs to calm the f*** down. The conditions were not playable. You don't just keep playing so the Sox can get a win. I mean, it's a meaningless game at the start of May for a team that will finish with 110+ losses anyways. Who really cares.

He's not going to last long before he strokes out in the booth if this is how he's reacting to...this team.

What happens when there's a passed ball because it's raining too hard? Or Lopez botches a routine ground ball cause the infield is mud? There's no advantage to playing in pouring rain if you're on defense.

• Thanks 2

Just now, chw42 said:

What happens when there's a passed ball because it's raining too hard? Or Lopez botches a routine ground ball cause the infield is mud? There's no advantage to playing in pouring rain if you're on defense.

I played hundreds of games, many of them fairly high level, in midwest spring weather. You're spot on, the hitter has the advantage, there is no question. Balls skidding off soaked grass, slippery baseballs, can't look up without getting water in your eye, high sky as well, and the batter gets to use sticky gloves.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's fitting right in it seems with this organization, just a disaster from top to bottom. 

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

I don’t know why you want AV in the order for…really any reason, but it certainly seems like a better decision would be to take out Grossman and put Gavin in RF and AV at first.  Or…just stop tinkering with pinch hitters for the sake of tinkering with pinch hitters.

Grossman was a real find lol. Then there is Ortega. Never seen a team pick up so much garbage since Waste Management. Is Getz on the take?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pcq said:

Grossman was a real find lol. Then there is Ortega. Never seen a team pick up so much garbage since Waste Management. Is Getz on the take?

"Nice baseball team you have here...it'd be a shame for something to happen to it"

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Snopek said:

"Player safety". It's a lot worse for Player safety to come out and play cold after a few hours (especially pitchers albeit I don't expect that to happen) then to play 1 batter out through rain. 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood