5/7 Games

Thorpe about to fall under a 1.00 ERA.

Unreal.

He'll be up at AAA soon unless they want him to stay all the way through the Southern League All-Star game...enjoy some accolades/success before moving up to the bandbox.

And with Sox pitchers, might be better just to send them directly from BIRM because Charlotte might as well be Colorado.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Unreal.

He'll be up at AAA soon unless they want him to stay all the way through the Southern League All-Star game...enjoy some accolades/success before moving up to the bandbox.

And with Sox pitchers, might be better just to send them directly from BIRM because Charlotte might as well be Colorado.

I know people were saying it's only been a month or whatever but with an ERA south of 1, he's obviously not being challenged at this level. I dont think we have a sample size issue anymore. Dude has killed it in almost every start. Charlotte is a band box but it will be a good challenge and he needs to be challenged. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Kath is a dude that is still young enough to turn it around. Interesting clay to mold with him, not that I'd trust the Sox to mold it into anything good.

Colson is looking like he's ready. Give him another 150 PA in AAA and bring him up in late June.

Agreed

16 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

That's some good sound off the bat.

Also, better hope Brad Keller isn't allowed to hang around by the time Wolkow hopefully reaches the majors. He'll kill him for that flip.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Unreal.

Have the Sox ever had a pitching prospect with this type of success in the minor leagues? I can’t recall one with this type of success (minor league pitcher of the year one year with a chance to repeat the next year).

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Have the Sox ever had a pitching prospect with this type of success in the minor leagues? I can’t recall one with this type of success (minor league pitcher of the year one year with a chance to repeat the next year).

Not quite that good, but Brandon McCarthy?

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

5 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Daniel Hudson was pretty awesome in 2009.  Jon Rauch also had that one minor league pitcher of the year season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Daniel Hudson was pretty awesome in 2009.  Jon Rauch also had that one minor league pitcher of the year season.

Good examples but it seems Thorpe is on another level right now. At least these guys (McCarthy, Hudson, Rauch) were all quality mlb pitchers so that bodes well for Thorpe I’d think.

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No doubt.  Seasons of an all-star OF?  That would be an absolute steal.

The Sox developing any raw position player into someone who churns out 4 seasons as an above-average regular (2+ WAR) is unimaginable to me.

• Paper Bag 1