Sox @ Rays 5-8, 5:50PM CDT

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, almagest said:

I don't want to get anyone too excited, but I think this team might just be putrid, and not worst of all time.

They no longer have the fewest wins in MLB. That now belongs to Colorado. 

Rockies are down 6-1 to the Giants in the 3rd inning. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

They no longer have the fewest wins in MLB. That now belongs to Colorado. 

Rockies are down 6-1 to the Giants in the 3rd inning. 

Posted (edited)

Not being the WORST but instead the 29th worst team in baseball somehow seems even worse, lol.

The Rockies are a competitive balance team, enjoy the benefits of higher 1st round draft picks and have surprisingly resilient attendance in Colorado, despite all the losing AND poor spending (exchanging Kris Bryant for Arenado, essentially.)

The only hope with this organization is that JR is so embarrassed (like last season with KW/Hahn) that he basically has no choice but to intervene...

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Not being the WORST but instead the 29th worst team in baseball somehow seems even worse, lol.

The Rockies are a competitive balance team, enjoy the benefits of higher 1st round draft picks and have surprisingly resilient attendance in Colorado, despite all the losing AND poor spending (exchanging Kris Bryant for Arenado, essentially.)

The only hope with this organization is that JR is so embarrassed (like last season with KW/Hahn) that he basically has no choice but to intervene...

His intervening over the decades is part of the reason this franchise is in the shape it is in.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, almagest said:

I don't want to get anyone too excited, but I think this team might just be putrid, and not worst of all time.

i agree. 53 wins is not out of the question. :)

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Robert and Ramos both worked hard to learn English as their second language and not have to fully rely on a translator.  Meanwhile, Moncada has been with the Sox by far the longest and still has to rely on a translator.  Shows the difference in effort between these players.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, almagest said:

They are still on a pace where they’re short of the 40 wins by the 1962 Mets. 
One thing is that the starting pitching is looking better and so is the bullpen.