HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:03 AM)
Sat directly behing the Hawks bench tonight, and Mike Wilbon was in the seat in front of me. Awesome experience. Spent the entire intermission before OT discussing the game/series with Wilbon, great guy.

As for the game...incredible. Big Buf is the f***ing man, Toews played a really good overall game, and Niemi was fantastic.

Also, Dave Bolland = :headbang

Bolland had a video game esque performance with the 3 penalties, breakaway goal, and sweet game winning assist in OT (anybody who has ever played "be a pro" mode on NHL 10 can relate to that). Also good to hear that Mike Wilbon was both at the game and is a nice guy, that sounds a lot like the kind of guy I'd have guessed he is.

Give credit to (I believe it was) Brian Campbell on the game winning goal last night. Bolland made a quick, awesome pass and Buff did a nice job finishing it, but it was an absolutely awesome keep in at the blue line just in general, and it also went to Bolland and went to him quickly. Not only did that seem to get Nabakov lost, it seemed to get the Sharks lost. I'm not sure if they thought the puck was leaving the zone or what, but I was shocked how Buff was just wide open in the slot.

We also saw last night (as well as in game 1, and even during the first 10 minutes or so of game 2) why you can't win a Stanley Cup without a goaltender playing well. It's so hard to win this thing, and you're going to run into a team who is on par with you talentwise or performancewise. That's where you need a guy to play well, and fortunately Niemi is doing just that. Hopefully the Hawks can finish this off Sunday, because this Sharks team is not one you want to mess with.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ May 22, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
I guess I can say it doesn't matter since we are winning, and if we weren't I'd probably be "WHAT DID WE PAY FOR" but plays like 2 or 3 nights ago when a sharks defenseman lazily skated back to clear the puck behind his net and hossa beat him to it out of no where and it directly led to a goal...s*** like that is just fantastic.

Yeah, there's be a lot more noise about Hossa's lack of goals if the Hawks were down in the series.

The thing I keep coming back to is how hard and how well Hossa's playing.

Sometimes the results don't end up on the scoresheet, but the effort is absolutely there.

STANLEY CUP FINALSSSSSS...

I don't remember s*** from 92, I didn't get into it until 94, one of my fav teams everrrrrrr...

but nonetheless...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I love every player on this team now. Huet...meh.