... it's about time

bozzie

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Why would you PH for Lillibridge in the first place? He leads the entire team in HRs in August and rarely plays. Plus, he homered off of Nathan last time he faced him. And to top it off, he hit a HR earlier in the game.

The fact that you don't get any of that and are still looking for a reason to PH for him makes it easier to understand why you back up Ozzie so often.

He and Greg are the same person. If the posting style doesn't prove it, their views on Ozzie do.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
Lillibridge is a fringe player at best. You're down 3 in the bottom of the 9th, it's desperation time. I have no problem sending up a left handed hitting HR threat, even if it's Dunn who has sucked all year. Why not take a chance with a guy who has averaged about 40 HR/year. There's 99% chance you're losing that game anyway. Everyone acts like the Sox win if Lillibrdge bats. It was a desperate act in desperate situation. It is really very insignificant who batted in that situation, the Sox were likely going to lose.

Haha, I guess there's no arguing with you. Logic doesn't do it, so there's no point.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 04:58 AM)
When he's not publicly leveraging his boss for more money, he's insulting his team's chances against a divisional rival in a pennant race.

Seriously, how much longer do we have to endure this idiot?!

Hopefully 20 more years.

The guy speaks the truth and people blast him.

Some of you won't be happy until we get a grumpy ol manager like Ned Yost who won't say anything except "we take them one game at a time."

Then you'll all be happy I guess.

I applaud anything negative Ozzie has to say about these losers.

You think talk means anything to these millionaires? They just go out and play every day. This Sox team doesn't deserve any long Ozzie speech about how we are still in the race, we can beat Detroit, blah blah.

I love his colorful comments. They are way better than the cliches the rest of the managers spout daily.

Detroit is not going to be any more fired up against us because of anything the Sox say. If the Sox hit home runs and pitch well they will win. If they do not hit home runs they will lose. And some of you really are gonna be mad cause look for Flowers to sit soon and look for DeAza to be sitting as well.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Hopefully 20 more years.

Some of you won't be happy until we get a grumpy ol manager like Ned Yost who won't say anything except "we take them one game at a time."

You think talk means anything to these millionaires? They just go out and play every day. This Sox team doesn't deserve any long Ozzie speech about how we are still in the race, we can beat Detroit, blah blah.

I love his colorful comments. They are way better than the cliches the rest of the managers spout daily.

Detroit is not going to be any more fired up against us because of anything the Sox say. If the Sox hit home runs and pitch well they will win. If they do not hit home runs they will lose. And some of you really are gonna be mad cause look for Flowers to sit soon and look for DeAza to be sitting as well.

This post made me vomit in my mouth. It's absolutely sickening that there are Sox fans out there that enjoy this joke of a manager. Please, this guy is garbage.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
This post made me vomit in my mouth. It's absolutely sickening that there are Sox fans out there that enjoy this joke of a manager. Please, this guy is garbage.

greg and elrockin (I wonder if they're the same person?) are statistical anomalies. The vast majority of White Sox fans want him gone.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Hopefully 20 more years.

I thought Ozzie was supposed to be a good clubhouse manager. Good clubhouse managers don't say things like "oh I hope we don't get swept". No s***, you don't want to get swept. That's such a defeatist attitude.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Hopefully 20 more years.

i hate everything about this post.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
I thought Ozzie was supposed to be a good clubhouse manager. Good clubhouse managers don't say things like "oh I hope we don't get swept". No s***, you don't want to get swept. That's such a defeatist attitude.

I will agree with you that you can't completely exile them away for eternity. But they shouldn't be getting NEARLY as much run as they do. Especially Dunn. On a good day, a REAL good day, Rios is capable of helping you with the glove, baserunning, etc. Dunn may as well be in a coma. As he offers nothing when he's not hitting. Which he obviously hasn't all year and, more importantly, is not going to this year.

Edited by Jordan4life

Hopefully 20 more years.

Not a lick of sensibility.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 01:12 AM)
Hell I don't care. He's being honest. Its not what I would have told the media but he's not putting pressure on them atleast. I want him gone but this is a non-issue to me.

Same, I'm ready for the Ozzie era to end, but this is a non-issue to me, people making a big deal about nothing. Whether you want him gone or prefer he stay it's getting annoying everyone makes such big issues over every litthle thing he does that don't matter.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 05:17 AM)

Did you see the Tribune poll. The MAJORITY of fans either like him or want him to stay another year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)
Hell I don't care. He's being honest. Its not what I would have told the media but he's not putting pressure on them atleast. I want him gone but this is a non-issue to me.

I don't pay any mind to anything that comes out of his mouth anymore.

I don't think his players do either...which is part of the problem...

At least we're not firing him for torturing the English language.

I do think it's a bit ridiculous the way certain writers want to focus on his mangled phonetic pronunciation or "Ozzie-isms" to undermine him from an intellectual POV.

He's never apologized for his lack of formal education...or even not learning proper grammar the past 25 years in the US.