2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:54 PM)
I just can't get excited about perfect games and no-hitters anymore. These last 3+ years have been ridiculous. I want steroids back in the game.

This too. I get excited somewhat, but not nearly as much as anymore. Damnit Buehrle, f***ing s*** up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:54 PM)
I just can't get excited about perfect games and no-hitters anymore. These last 3+ years have been ridiculous. I want steroids back in the game.

A no hitter maybe, but perfect games are pretty damn rare. Completely separate.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 12:05 AM)
Just saw the "hit". That was an clear error on Wright.

No, that's a hit. If he gloves it he's safe anyway, and that's not a routine play to bare hand and throw. Sucks, but it's a hit. Wouldn't even be in question if it wasn't the only hit in a game.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)
So, who is in the World Series-Perfect Game Club?

Buehrle, Cain, Larsen, Koufax?

Tom Browning, Randy Johnson, Dennis Martinez, Roy Halladay, David Cone, David Wells, Kenny Rogers... + more.

Many players have both a perfect game and a ring.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 01:39 AM)
Tom Browning, Randy Johnson, Dennis Martinez, Roy Halladay, David Cone, David Wells, Kenny Rogers... + more.

Many players have both a perfect game and a ring.

Doc has a ring?

No, that's a hit. If he gloves it he's safe anyway, and that's not a routine play to bare hand and throw. Sucks, but it's a hit. Wouldn't even be in question if it wasn't the only hit in a game.

This.

Dickey said it himself.

David Wright makes that play 8 times out of 10, maybe less with a runner like Upton, realistically.

I think to say it should be a "reasonable expectation" that the average MLB 3B consistently makes that play 90-95% of the time or more, no way.