2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)
Don't get crazy and think they can do this four times. Honestly it wouldn't shock me if the Bulls lost the next four, unless they get really healthy, really quickly.

You're right.

Bulls will blow them out the next 3. Bulls are just letting the Heat think they can be in the series.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 02:13 AM)
Don't get crazy and think they can do this four times. Honestly it wouldn't shock me if the Bulls lost the next four, unless they get really healthy, really quickly.

Lets just enjoy this. It was so improbable.

Also refs called a great game tonight. Seriously, three didnt favor heat at all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)

Are you watching yet? ;)

If we somehow win this series, even if we don't win the championship, this is the narrative for one of the best sports movies ever.

We have a matchup of two teams that share one philosophy, defense. But that's about where the similarities end. We have on one hand the scariest and the most talented team in the past 15 years, who is absolutely steamrolling into the playoffs, led by the best player, yet one of the most polarizing players of this generation. On the other hand, we have a team who is the severe underdog, missing its superstar who mysterious gave up on the season, playing third string players after their starters were forced out of action, led by a center who is playing on one leg, who plays his heart out every possession. Together they believe that with tough defense, heart, and hustle, they can somehow slay the giant they are going up against, even if no one else gave them a chance.

In a sport that is historically dominated by teams with the most superstars, this is the intangible oriented version of Money Ball. Build a team with character, heart, hustle and plays though defense, they will keep fighting till they are the last one standing.

Gentlemen, that is your 2012-2013 Chicago Bulls. Those images of players puking during timeout, bleeding mouths, players lying on the floor, players struggling to stand up after giving all they got for 60 minutes define who this team is. We believe.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 6, 2013 -> 09:23 PM)
If we somehow win this series, even if we don't win the championship, this is the narrative for one of the best sports movies ever.

We have a matchup of two teams that share one philosophy, defense. But that's about where the similarities end. We have on one hand the scariest and the most talented team in the past 15 years, who is absolutely steamrolling into the playoffs, led by the best player, yet one of the most polarizing players of this generation. On the other hand, we have a team who is the severe underdog, missing its superstar who mysterious gave up on the season, playing third string players after their starters were forced out of action, led by a center who is playing on one leg, who plays his heart out every possession. Together they believe that with tough defense, heart, and hustle, they can somehow slay the giant they are going up against, even if no one else gave them a chance.

In a sport that is historically dominated by teams with the most superstars, this is the intangible oriented version of Money Ball. Build a team with character, heart, hustle and plays though defense, they will keep fighting till they are the last one standing.

Gentlemen, that is your 2012-2013 Chicago Bulls. Those images of players puking during timeout, bleeding mouths, players lying on the floor, players struggling to stand up after giving all they got for 60 minutes define who this team is. We believe.

It would be called Bulls Rose above It.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2013 -> 09:31 PM)
I hated the Nate Robinson signing so much, and now I just stand in awe that our demanding D first coach was the first one to let him truly shine.

Can't help but agree. RZZZA would probably be gloating at all of us right now if he didnt talk s*** to the owner of the site lol

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 02:13 AM)

Nothing surprising there, considering Bulls will be underdogs in the next four. But for tonight, wow. Bulls should be so loose in each of the games with absolutely nothing to lose. No matter what, it has to be fun for the Bulls players and coaches to have no reason at all to be nervous or tight in any of the games. This is all about making the Heat sweat (choke?).

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 6, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)

Except for our best player and superstar... I haven't said a word about Rose not playing, but enough is enough. I'm seriously disappointed in him. How can he not be out there after seeing what his teammates are going through to play?

Regardless, what a fun win tonight. This trash, C-squad lineup has no business playing in a playoff game, much less beating the Heat in one. I'm really proud of these guys.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
Nothing surprising there, considering Bulls will be underdogs in the next four. But for tonight, wow. Bulls should be so loose in each of the games with absolutely nothing to lose. No matter what, it has to be fun for the Bulls players and coaches to have no reason at all to be nervous or tight in any of the games. This is all about making the Heat sweat (choke?).

My favorite greg post ever.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 6, 2013 -> 09:50 PM)
I did. He took a ridiculously stupid 3 when LeBron had Belinelli on him in the post.

HEY! He also threw down an uncontested one-handed dunk in the 2nd quarter and acted like he'd just hit a game 7 winner.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 7, 2013 -> 03:50 AM)
I did. He took a ridiculously stupid 3 when LeBron had Belinelli on him in the post.

LOL was just about to type same thing.