My idea about trading Tank

SOXOBAMA

I'm a huge fan of Viciedo but I think the Sox should trade him to AZ for Justin Upton. AZ is willing to trade Upton and would be great to see the Sox get him.

Upton, DeAza and Rios would give us a lot of great defense in the OF. Upton will also add speed, great OBP and power to our lineup.

My ideal lineup would be

1 DeAza CF

2 Youk 3B

3 Rios RF

4 Konerko 1B

5 DunnDH

6 Upton LF

7 AJ C

8 Alexei SS

9 Beckham 2B

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
I'm a huge fan of Viciedo but I think the Sox should trade him to AZ for Justin Upton. AZ is willing to trade Upton and would be great to see the Sox get him.

Upton, DeAza and Rios would give us a lot of great defense in the OF. Upton will also add speed, great OBP and power to our lineup.

My ideal lineup would be

1 DeAza CF

2 Youk 3B

3 Rios RF

4 Konerko 1B

5 DunnDH

6 Upton LF

7 AJ C

8 Alexei SS

9 Beckham

Doesn't Upton make a gazillion dollars? Sox are not in the mood to pay players big bucks right now it seems.

I don't know what the heck is going on with him this year...but as Viciedo's big defender...LOL, of course I'd give him up for Justin Upton, and the Diamondbacks would of course laugh when offered.

Sale + Viciedo + Reed for Upton would probably be their reply.

You could get by with Viciedo, Nathan Jones and Mitchell, perhaps. Or including Thompson/Saladino as the 4th guy.

Viciedo and Beckham both have to prove they can consistently hit 90+ fastballs.

I wouldn't dream of trading them Sale for Justin Upton. I'd rather trade some riff-raff and see if we can straighten out BJ Upton.

Stephen Drew is the other interesting name...if he could play 3B next year.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 06:28 PM)

I swear to you I almost made this exact post yesterday the moment I saw the rumor that Justin Upton was "available for trade".

Great post.

The only Upton I would trade for is Kate.

Personally, I feel that the Upton brothers are extremely overrated. You would think that with all the hype that Justin has gotten, he would be fairly accomplished at this point of his career.

He's turning 25 next month, this is his 6th season in the league, his highest BA is .300, high RBI total is 88, only had one 30 HR season, sports a career BA of .276 and OPS of .831 He and his brother have always had potential, but both still haven't put it all together at this point. The trend I notice about Justin is that he would show improvement one season, but regress the next season. He was great last year, but he's only a 1 WAR player this year! And his defense thus far is merely average.

He is a nice player to have, at a reasonable cost. But I feel like whoever trades for him is overpaying for him in hopes that he finally puts it together and performs consistently. For the burden of his contract, if we have to deplete our farm and even put in Sale in the deal, then I give it a strong hell no.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 01:17 AM)
I'd totally give them Viciedo + Reed + Mitchell, but no way in hell I'm including Sale in any deal that isn't getting a young pitcher in return as well.

Sale + Viciedo + Reed for Upton + Skaggs? Now you're talking.

But this is all just insane talk anyway.

I was hoping something like Viciedo + Mitchell might do it. But yes. We need a SP.

Matt Kemp:

Age 22: .342/.373/.521/.894, 10 HR (311 PAs)

Age 23: .290/.340/.459/.799, 18 HR

Age 24: .297/.352/.490/.842, 26 HR

Age 25: .249/.310/.450/.760, 28 HR

Age 26: .324/.399/.586/.986, 39 HR (this was last year)

Justin Upton:

Age 20: .250/.353/.463/.816, 15 HR (417 PAs)

Age 21: .300/.366/.532/.899, 26 HR

Age 22: .273/.356/.442/.799, 17 HR

Age 23: .289/.369/.529/.898, 31 HR

Age 24: .267/.350/.384/.734, 7 HR (323 PAs, current year)

If Viciedo is the only important major league piece that you have to give up, in a heartbeat yes. I haven't been big about trading Viciedo because his ceiling is through the roof, but Upton is absolutely a special talent and I'd give anything in the minor leagues up for him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
If there's a thread about trading for Justin Upton, he's the only guy on our roster who could bring him back.

Yep. It's silly that people think we have the prospects to land Upton considering the competition for him is reportedly huge.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
Yep. It's silly that people think we have the prospects to land Upton considering the competition for him is reportedly huge.

First of all, I would be shocked if they actually traded him.

Secondly, his statement wasn't that we had a prospect to land him; it was that Sale was the only person on our entire roster who could land him.

That's simply not true.