2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 11:02 PM)
It means everything. Its pretty simple:

Player A and Player B wont exist on the same team.

Q1: Are either of these guys in imminent danger of going to jail? If so, cut him. If neither, go to Q2. If both, Welcome to Pro Football.

Q2: Which of these two players gives my team, whos having a surprising playoff run, a better chance to win and a better chance for all of us to keep our jobs? Pick that guy and cut the other.

Its just Martin is a colossal p**** undoubtedly raised to be a sensitive little b**** who first ran from the team then went to the media selling out everyone. Luckily he'll never play in the NFL again, I have no sympathy for someone like that.

With posts like these, you just gotta love the Duke :lol:

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)
Someone should explain to Marshall about how important it is that black folks took ownership of that word. It's a big part of overcoming oppression. I think it is best if it dies out eventually, but it is a significant piece of taking back your own identity.

Sounded like that was his point in referring to it.

So Jay Cutler is playing Sunday.

Jay Cutler (groin) has been cleared to start Sunday's game against the Lions.

Bears coach Marc Trestman made the announcement after Cutler did "everything" in Thursday's practice. It's a major surprise after Cutler was expected to miss at least four weeks after going down in Week 7, but speaks to the opportunity the Bears are spying in the Aaron Rodgers-less NFC North. Sunday's game could go a long way toward determining the division winner. It's a near must win for Chicago after Detroit won the sides' first meeting in Week 4.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
So Jay Cutler is playing Sunday.

Jay Cutler (groin) has been cleared to start Sunday's game against the Lions.

Bears coach Marc Trestman made the announcement after Cutler did "everything" in Thursday's practice. It's a major surprise after Cutler was expected to miss at least four weeks after going down in Week 7, but speaks to the opportunity the Bears are spying in the Aaron Rodgers-less NFC North. Sunday's game could go a long way toward determining the division winner. It's a near must win for Chicago after Detroit won the sides' first meeting in Week 4.

The line has moved from +2.5 to -1 or -1.5 in favor of the Bears.

Kicking myself a bit since I was planning on betting them tonight.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
This will suck if he gets re-injured after a shady tackle by Suh.

How many of those will the NFL allow him to get fined for this season before he actually gets suspended? It seems like he has been fined every week

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
The line has moved from +2.5 to -1 or -1.5 in favor of the Bears.

Kicking myself a bit since I was planning on betting them tonight.

After watching the first meeting between these teams, it's surprising money would be on the Bears. They couldn't stop Detroit with Briggs.

After listening to too much analysis of the locker room culture in football I am nauseated. To be a good team mate and a football player, you have to accept humiliation from your "brothers" and in turn have their back. To play a game. I even heard a player claim in was like being a soldier. What a self absorbed f*** to think playing a game is the same as being a soldier and actually having people will real weapons trying to really kill you. It's a game. A tough, physical, damage your brains for the rest of your life, game, but still a game. No wonder some of these guys get into so much trouble in the real world. The more they try to justify it, the more they sound like spoiled jackasses who haven't grown up. It's simple, in every other job, pull that crap and you are fired. Yet, big tough football players have to be allowed to make racist attacks?!