Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
What they need to do is improve his efficiency so he can throw more innings on less pitches. Building him up with 115+ inning games is wearing him out. Joe Madden never pitches his pitchers like that. Neither do most manager. Leyland, and the tigers weak pen, is an exception. But even he doesn't wear his starters out as much as the Sox do with a dismal team. I'll go with the majority in baseball over Robin Ventura.

Lol. But "Robin" has been doing this all season and still has a job. So what gives lol?

It blows my mind that people still think Robin is solely in control of Chris Sale's arm. Unbelievable the stuff you read on here sometimes.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 12:58 PM)
Lol. But "Robin" has been doing this all season and still has a job. So what gives lol?

It blows my mind that people still think Robin is solely in control of Chris Sale's arm. Unbelievable the stuff you read on here sometimes.

You're right - he's a brilliant manager. Stellar work at the end of last year and this season.

His presence on this team is yet another example of why the Sox need to stop hiring house horses for the dugout.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
I would be ecstatic with Stanton playing at the Cell. I cant even imagine his power numbers there.

People always say that in regards to the Cell but it never seems to work. Dunn is a prime example. His power numbers have not I creased and were down for the first couple of years. Thome did not increase either.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)
We don't have the bullets, guys. Even if we scrounged up something the Marlins would take, someone would easily outbid us.

But we will after the trade deadline. Party pooper let us dream. I said it in jest of course and Sox looking more for lefty power bat but nothing would surprise me .

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
But we will after the trade deadline. Party pooper let us dream. I said it in jest of course and Sox looking more for lefty power bat but nothing would surprise me .

Sorry to poop, lol.

But honestly, we're not going to get any pieces that will beat Profar in a Rangers offer. So even after the deadline, we're just not in the conversation

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/stark-on.html

The Braves are more interested in the starting pitcher market than they were before Tim Hudson's injury, but they're no more likely to pay the price for a Jake Peavy, Ervin Santana, Yovani Gallardo or Kyle Lohse. An official of one team who spoke with the Braves said they'd be open to a modest deal similar to their deal for Paul Maholm last year, but they're "not going to trade Alex Wood for any of the guys on this market." Earlier today, MLB.com's Mark Bowman offered a different take, reporting that the Braves are looking at front-line hurlers.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
Thats too bad, cause Alex Wood is the only player they have I would have much interest in.

I really like Lucas Sims. Also really intrigued by Christian Bethancourt. The Braves are the last team I'd like to see the Sox deal Peavy to though.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
I really like Lucas Sims. Also really intrigued by Christian Bethancourt. The Braves are the last team I'd like to see the Sox deal Peavy to though.

Yeah other than that, they have nothing going for them.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)
So does the rival exec work for the Indians or the Tigers?

There's so much hot air being blown about this, and none of it is trustworthy.

Much like most of the information has been with the White Sox so far. So much smoke.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
The story says a pitching prospect and a lesser prospect. Screw that. If that's all they can get for Peavey, just keep him.

Exactly. Why even trade Peavy if that's what the return is...does not compute.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 06:20 PM)
Finally a suggestion from an intelligent Boston Blogger.

Red Sox Would Receive: SP Jake Peavy

White Sox Would Receive: P Anthony Ranaudo, 3B Garin Cecchini, C Christian Vazquez.

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/7/25/45...-for-jake-peavy

Honestly, I think I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 06:25 PM)
Like someone else said earlier, you look at that ESPN Boston story and they make it sound like they've got Mantle, Mays and Koufax in the system, and we should just be blessed to be acknowledged by Cherington.

Yeah and it's annoying. The only for sure thing in that system in my opinion is Bogarts. Just like every team's system, some prospects are good, some never make it out of A ball.