6/19 - White Sox vs Rangers

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
There was no reason to pull Sale tonight. Blow this team up including the coaching staff.

111 pitches....he could have gone another inning, but then you don't have one of the highest paid closers in baseball for nothing.

Robertson's cutter is very flat now, no depth...and he doesn't trust the knuckle curve as much for his strikeout pitch.

4 blown saves now...on a pace for 9-10. Don't think we'll be trading him, either.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
111 pitches....he could have gone another inning, but then you don't have one of the highest paid closers in baseball for nothing.

Robertson's cutter is very flat now, no depth...and he doesn't trust the knuckle curve as much for his strikeout pitch.

4 blown saves now...on a pace for 9-10. Don't think we'll be trading him, either.

And Greg called him "The best closer in baseball" yesterday. I laughed.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
lmfao

idk how people can even entertain paying real money to see them play

though I guess sale starts would be the only ones I'd pay to go to

but you knew that 1-0 lead would evaporate

Ghost town by mid July.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
Didn't Chris throw like 125 last time out?

Doesn't mean he should do it again and risk an injury. That's what happened last year in mid-April, I believe, the day after throwing ~128.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
Who f***ing cares about pitch count? Let the man finish what he started for gods sake.

Yeah and knowing you, sale would have blew it and you would have went on one of your Ventura sucks rants...

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
At this point the game is a must-win and you give Chris a chance to close it out despite his pitch count.

I stand by this comment. Hopefully Eaton here can save our asses, but I think pulling Sale was an incredibly stupid decision.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:31 AM)
I stand by this comment. Hopefully Eaton here can save our asses, but I think pulling Sale was an incredibly stupid decision.

Sale's health is more important that finishing with 71 wins instead of 70