My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
I totally get your reasoning here. You outline why I reneged on what I was offering initially. I literally threw that together in a waiting room with only 3G as service when I was bored. Then you got SouthSideSale and Chilihead freaking out about a mistake that I already acknowledged. My post created two pages of discussion though...

It was a great post!

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
Read the last two pages of this thread. You don't know what insists means. It's weak that you're trying to make it personal. Sorry your ideas are far-fetched, over-repeated and irrelevant to reality.

I'm not making it personal because I don't even know you Not all of my ideas are far-fetched. That's the only one.

Go look at my mock offseason. It's not crazy. A few aggressive moves made. I don't have us signing $100 million free agents.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
Sure seems like Levine spinning what Hahn said to fit his agenda for the story.

Pretty typical Levine "reporting". Takes quotes and then spins them with reckless abandon. Dude is one of the worst reporters in the city.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
I totally get your reasoning here. You outline why I reneged on what I was offering initially. I literally threw that together in a waiting room with only 3G as service when I was bored. Then you got SouthSideSale and Chilihead freaking out about a mistake that I already acknowledged. My post created two pages of discussion though...

I said it was good except the contract. I read your whole post it was a great idea with all of the trades. I wasn't freaking out lol just had a couple small issues. That's also why it was a good post because it created two pages of discussion (aside from my nonsense which I acknowledged).

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)

Yep, I "freaked out" about Rich Hill no more than you "freaked out" about Nolan Arenado.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
#InsidePitch's @JimBowden_ESPN fits for Desmond: #Mets, #Padres, #WhiteSox, sleeper #Athletics. Won't return to #Nationals, Turner at SS

https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/status/...540270655066112

Sox aren't shelling out big money for a 5 year deal on a shortstop with Tim Anderson making his way toward MLB.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
You said "Jesus." Aren't you aware that that is offensive to some people?

not for me, being hispanic.

i thought he meant you know hay-zeus.

phonetically speaking

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
Sox aren't shelling out big money for a 5 year deal on a shortstop with Tim Anderson making his way toward MLB.

i agree, even if he meant if

1. anderson can't make the ss or

2. moving Ian to 3b.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
CSN reporter just said that Hoyer and Epstein are probably going to sit down around Thanksgiving and devise a plan for the off season, and that they were doing a lot of information gathering right now.

Sound familiar?

This is what teams do and what these meetings are for. Feeling everyone out right now. Preparing for the winter meetings in what 5 weeks?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 06:38 PM)
Wieters is out of play for the White Sox too. Was as soon as that Qualifying Offer was given.

Don't think the qualifying offer is totally going to deter the sox. They got a 10 pick which is protected and should be a comp pick for shark when he declines. Sox don't have enough prospects to get the players back to fill all the holes they have. Quintana is going to be probably have to moved in order to full the spots. This is probably the last year they can try to sign qualifying offer free agent .

I am curious if we'll make a run at a guy like Zimmerman or Maeda. We were talking to shark about a big contract so I'm wondering if they'll make a play for one of the starters. Price and Grienke will be way too much. I wonder about Zimmerman and Maeda who'll be posted later this month.

Edited by SouthSideSale