Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)

He makes an all right case, but a couple things stuck out to me.

They’ve been tied to Fowler because they badly need an outfielder, too, but I’d argue the rotation is where an upgrade is more dire.

I'd argue you're wrong, dude. Outfield is where the resources need to go. If my choices are the rotation or nothing, then upgrade the rotation, I guess.

There’s only one safe, durable pitcher left on the market, and durable and safe is all the White Sox need.

Sure. Gallardo is as safe and durable as a 30-year-old pitcher whose K% has dropped in six consecutive seasons gets. <.>

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)

I was just about to make a new thread about this article. I understand the concern about the back-end of our rotation, but I'd be wary of Gallardo even without the draft pick. Those peripherals are pretty ugly, the drop in HR seems fluky because his HR/9 and HR/FB% were well below his career averages last year, and while the writer argues for his durability he's only been over 200 IP twice, so it's not like he's a super reliable innings eater. I'd rather not, though being last in projected WAR in baseball from your SP after the top 3 is pretty scary.

The talking up of Avi continues. He's gonna be the starting right fielder and I'm gonna lose my freaking mind.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 8m8 minutes ago

Todd Steverson said Avisail Garcia was very receptive to trying a new stance when they worked out for 3 days in Miami. Promises diff. look.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 7m7 minutes ago

Todd Steverson on Avisail Garcia: "“You can tell people, tell people, tell people. But until they get a hold of it in their own head."

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 3m3 minutes ago

Basically, #WhiteSox know there's much to be done & it's early. They're hoping Avisail Garcia gets comfy w/ new stance in spring.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
The talking up of Avi continues. He's gonna be the starting right fielder and I'm gonna lose my freaking mind.

Todd Steverson said Avisail Garcia was very receptive to trying a new stance when they worked out for 3 days in Miami. Promises diff. look.

Todd Steverson on Avisail Garcia: "“You can tell people, tell people, tell people. But until they get a hold of it in their own head."

Basically, #WhiteSox know there's much to be done & it's early. They're hoping Avisail Garcia gets comfy w/ new stance in spring.

That is your starting right fielder folks. Working on a completely different stance.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)

If it does happen it will be the most confusing (non) move of the off-season, and that's saying something considering what the Rockies and Diamondbacks have done.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)

This has an Alex Rios vibe.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)

They better find someone to share at bats with LaRoche. No way can this roster be complete right now. If so, Hahn better be on the hot seat.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)

basically the hype of getting another of'er for the mix is now moot. oh i can't stand this, the sox may go into the season without finishing this job with a question mark in Avi in the out field.... ok he may have fixed his stance, let him DH and perfect his hitting.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
basically the hype of getting another of'er for the mix is now moot. oh i can't stand this, the sox may go into the season without finishing this job with a question mark in Avi in the out field.... ok he may have fixed his stance, let him DH and perfect his hitting.

People are outraged about Avi, but really it's the inability to unload LaRoche and his 13 million which is a bigger issue IMO.