Trade Quintana and Eaton to the Cubs???

bear_brian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
You can go up to Clark between Newport and Grace tonight and see how off base they are if you want.

My best friend lived there until last year, I have plenty of friends that live in and around wrigleyville. I have no problems with them

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
15th in fWAR for hitters after the ASB

He's one of the weird cases where the national media, who can largely just check in on stats and general sentiment, have a better gauge on his value than local media, who stopped following the sox after Eaton's horrible first 2 months.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
He's one of the weird cases where the national media, who can largely just check in on stats and general sentiment, have a better gauge on his value than local media, who stopped following the sox after Eaton's horrible first 2 months.

Great point, feel the same with Rodon. He was incredible the last few months but received very little hype.

Some scumbag cubs reporter: Hey we need another SP and a CF to fill our lineup... let's see... who's out there.. Oh hey Eaton and Quintana on the south side are signed to pretty team friendly deals, they should be good fit for us.. Let's see who I would trade for them... Maybe Soler and Baez since they are now expandable.. oh wait, maybe that's paying too much, because Cubs are better than Sox you know.. Let me think about it a little more...

Somebody tell this scumbag maybe we will entertain them with Avi Garcia and John Danks instead.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)
I would say that there is a strange sentiment on the score right now of not knowing that Eaton actually had a pretty good year.

I quit listening to that station about 6 months ago. The weekend or second string guys are mostly cub fans and that's all they would talk about.

If I want Sox news I come here. Why waste time listening to them. Quit listening and you won't regret it!

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 05:20 PM)
I miss Murph on the Score, but he can be a loon.

Not the aquatic bird.

I agree. He was such a Cubs homer it was funny. He actually talked sports and games. He wasn't trying to make sports radio more than what it is.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
I was talking to a bunch of cubs fans last night. Just to test the waters, i threw out a random trade proposal of "as cubs fans, would you trade Shwarber for Rodon straight up?" Responding "No" all around. Am I nuts to think they are nuts?

I had a Cub fan tell me trading Schwarber for Q straight up was idiotic. Cubs fans like having a weak rotation.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
I was talking to a bunch of cubs fans last night. Just to test the waters, i threw out a random trade proposal of "as cubs fans, would you trade Shwarber for Rodon straight up?" Responding "No" all around. Am I nuts to think they are nuts?

No, you are not nuts. I really like Schwarber's HR/OBP potential but I would not do that trade straight up. I admit that I tend value pitching first and foremost so I'm probably biased.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 10:40 PM)
I had a Cub fan tell me trading Schwarber for Q straight up was idiotic. Cubs fans like having a weak rotation.

Lol, wow!

Funny coming from a fan base that went a bit goo goo over Q after they watched him strike out 10 cubs hitters at Wrigley.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 10:40 PM)

Well, in their defense, their team was 3rd in team ERA last year. It had the NL bump, but, if that's weak, I'll take it.

Kendricks, Hammel, Haren and Wada were fairly pedestrian....it was just that Arrieta was that excellent, along with solid contributions from Lester.

So pretty much like the White Sox, top heavy because of Sale and Q but not especially balanced. Rodon's second half really helped maintain the numbers as well as Shark tanked.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 12:58 AM)
Kendricks, Hammel, Haren and Wada were fairly pedestrian....it was just that Arrieta was that excellent, along with solid contributions from Lester.

So pretty much like the White Sox, top heavy because of Sale and Q but not especially balanced. Rodon's second half really helped maintain the numbers as well as Shark tanked.

White Sox were 14th in team ERA.