Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 01:25 AM)
If we truly believe Sale's comments that he is the utmost respect for Robin, Rick, and Jerry, this shouldn't be an issue moving forward.

then this calls into question 2 things...

1. is the article wrong or embellishing it??

if not

2. who is doing this so-call witch hunt???

I am surprised the Chicago media are not focusing on Drake missing school. This arrangement w his son's school seems a little odd. It is not home schooling but rather special circumstances. Then you find out Adam made a $2 Million donation to his hometown school system. Do you think that had any effect on this unique school situation for Drake???

http://www.fstribune.com/story/2076023.html

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 08:32 PM)
I am surprised the Chicago media are not focusing on Drake missing school. This arrangement w his son's school seems a little odd. It is not home schooling but rather special circumstances. Then you find out Adam made a $2 Million donation to his hometown school system. Do you think that had any effect on this unique school situation for Drake???

http://www.fstribune.com/story/2076023.html

Big generous donation absolutely has an effect on this situation.

then this calls into question 2 things...

1. is the article wrong or embellishing it??

if not

2. who is doing this so-call witch hunt???

My guess is that they will bring in retired pitcher Jeff Juden. He is from Salem, MA, so he is a natural for the job.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 02:36 AM)
I really hope that Frazier or Rollins or Abreu admits to complaining and then tells Sale and Eaton to their faces to go f*** themselves.

whom ever did tell the sox management, i hope they don't tell; to those who are doing the witch hunt, fvvck them. the main boss gave the edict and it should be over. plain and simple. the main boss came at the players request, esp when he didn't have too, to pacify a couple pampered biitches ... f*** those who are conducting the witch hunt.

crap, even the northsiders are making positive news at the expense of the sox.

Maddon also addressed the team policies related to kids in the clubhouse -- a savvy move given what’s going on with the Cubs’ crosstown colleagues -- suggesting that players “exercise common sense with all this stuff.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/joe-ma...id=ansmsnnews11

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
This page has since blown up. My favorite is Alex Snelius in loving memory of Ursula

From that article, this paragraph right here:

"But while Sale and others rip Williams for lying, why has nobody in a Sox uniform questioned LaRoche for quitting? Instead, Sox players built a shrine to a player who walked out on them because he couldn't bring his son to work whenever he wanted — rules the rest of working America lives by. For $13 million, that hardly seemed like too much for LaRoche's employer to ask."

Couldn't agree more.

Sale and Eaton went from my favorite current Sox players to absolute embarrassments as far as I'm concerned.

This team apparently went from Paul Konerko being a leader (and winning a World Series), to Drake LaDouche being a leader ... and being one of the worst teams ever.

Good job.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
My guess is that they will bring in retired pitcher Jeff Juden. He is from Salem, MA, so he is a natural for the job.

I'm thinking Vin Diesel. He is the last witch hunter afterall. :P

I suppose Shaggy and Scooby could help too. Maybe it's time for Sale and Eaton to fire up the mystery machine.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 07:56 AM)
From that article, this paragraph right here:

"But while Sale and others rip Williams for lying, why has nobody in a Sox uniform questioned LaRoche for quitting? Instead, Sox players built a shrine to a player who walked out on them because he couldn't bring his son to work whenever he wanted — rules the rest of working America lives by. For $13 million, that hardly seemed like too much for LaRoche's employer to ask."

Couldn't agree more.

Sale and Eaton went from my favorite current Sox players to absolute embarrassments as far as I'm concerned.

This team apparently went from Paul Konerko being a leader (and winning a World Series), to Drake LaDouche being a leader ... and being one of the worst teams ever.

Good job.

At least now we know the name of Sale/Eaton's puppy that KW kicked. I wonder if Sale/Eaton will hold a memorial service for their fallen leader.

WWDD?

I think the Sale/Eaton response had less to do with LaRoche and was more telling of how the players view Kenny. Notice how he was pointedly left OUT of the list of whom Sale respects? I hardly think this was all because of the LaRoche incident.

If we can separate that, now that I look at it after some time let's be honest: the LaRoche deal was just weird. Weird if they agreed to it, weird for doing it. It's one thing to have the kid attend a few games, hang out in the clubhouse before/after and take some drills at Spring Training--SOME.

But EVERY DAY? It's like he was ON the team and if I were a teammate, no matter how nice the kid was, that would get on my nerves. Did I say yet that it was weird? Why is the kid not in school? Where's he making friends if he's spending all season hanging with grown men? What if he's not going to be a baseball player, then what experience is he getting? He's not eight, he's fourteen.

Plus, yeah: LaRoche took a stand--a stand that meant because the didn't like what Kenny did (and no love lost for KW here), he walked out on his team, where you'd think he'd want to try even harder this year to make up for his Adam Dunn-like last year. Especially at $13M/year, which you bet maybe only one or two other of them are making.

So it's a wash because I think the kid thing should have never been allowed and it's an odd way to push a kid into an environment where they don't belong. On the other hand, while KW may be right on this, I don't like KW so I understand why Sale blasted him.

All I can think of is say that you're Ladd and you've come to the Blackhawks but somehow you're bringing your kid into the locker room for EVERY game and even having the kid participate in drills during the skate-arounds? You don't think somebody would complain about that, and fast? The first being Coach Q?

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
Frankie Presto ‏@TimBaffoe 1h1 hour ago

The biggest culprit in the White Sox/LaRoche fiasco? Insulated, privileged, willfully ignorant MLB player culture. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/03/22/baf...ite-sox-fiasco/

There have been many good articles written on the topic of LaRoche but this is one of the best! Well done Baffoe! Thanks for posting this.

Edit: cracked up with the Maiden reference. :lol:

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
I think anyone who supported LaRoche is going to be gone, whether before OD, around the TDL or this offseason. Sale and Eaton especially. :angry: IMO this will start the scorched earth rebuild. 2016 is a failure before it even started IMO. They are going to quit on the management, and it would not surprise me if Sale sticks it to the Sox by complaining of either Injury or just jakes the season. I think the Sox know that and it would not surprise me if Sale is NOT the OD starter, and instead is elsewhere on 4/4.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

C'mon guys did you actually think this post was serious? It was written in a serious tone, but to be funny/sarcastic. It is so ridiculous that I thought that people would see the implied joke. There is no rational thought in there. I was venting my frustration about KW still being here, and I can't stand the guy and it would be such a White Sox thing to do, to trade their ace over these shenanigans. I have a little Sox PTSD, because almost every move that they have made since 2010 has backfired horribly. Just wanted to clear that up with everyone. Here's to a successful 2016 season :cheers

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 04:47 AM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^

C'mon guys did you actually think this post was serious? It was written in a serious tone, but to be funny/sarcastic. It is so ridiculous that I thought that people would see the implied joke. There is no rational thought in there. I was venting my frustration about KW still being here, and I can't stand the guy and it would be such a White Sox thing to do, to trade their ace over these shenanigans. I have a little Sox PTSD, because almost every move that they have made since 2010 has backfired horribly. Just wanted to clear that up with everyone. Here's to a successful 2016 season :cheers

for me, i had my own opinions and have always reacted my opinion way.

but this whole thing from those who are doing some sort of a revolt, those actions plain and simply ridiculous and show their maturity level. this action i can expects from a pampered child, esp if they are doing something as silly as they may think as a smart thing. revenge at whatever level, esp in what they are trying to accomplish, is showing a lack of maturity and common sense in any attempt to justify their actions.

now, this season is am important one, i can see and hope for many good performance from all... but what if......

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 43m43 minutes ago

The MLBPA stopped by #WhiteSox camp today. Tony Clark said union continues to monitor the Adam LaRoche situation.http://cmcst.sn/gM9

That's what this situation needs, the Union ...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
I just wonder what exactly they are "monitoring". I suppose it all has to do with whether or not LaRoche wants to file a grievance.

It's all for appearances. Nothing is going to be done but they have to look diligent.