5/30 - Sox at Mets

Quin

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 30, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
This team sucks. What a great mirage at the beginning of the season.

And no excuse for what has happened over the last three weeks. This isn't regressing to the mean. It's bigger than that.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven in a row...and no end in sight.

When the team is hitting and scoring runs the pitching is s***.

When the team gets great pitching the hitting is s***.

What a f***ed up organization. And it starts from the very top down.

Someone posted that Harvey who had an ERA of over six would get well against the Sox a few days ago. They were right on the money.

Yet Robin remains the manager. LOL!

Mark

In a few days, this team is going to be below .500

I am in absolute shock that this has happened after a 23-10 start. This goes far beyond slumping, etc. There is a major, major issue with what is going on within this organization. There is no more "let's get 'em tomorrow, etc." It is time for major changes.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 30, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
The real question is will the Sox score any runs in the Mets series ?

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Might as well not get a run. Once again, it would prove how special we are.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 30, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
We need to dump the trash. Rollins, Avila, Sands... basically the players that bring nothing to the table. Get some new blood, call someone up. Make a trade. Fire the manager. Do something.

I agree but nor right away. I was not a fan of the Robin hiring but firing him would not solve the problem. I think the roster is a .500 team. But first step I think Robin should go quickly so they can give Renteria a chance to show what he can do over the rest of the season. Second step w Renteria's input is to clean out some dead wood like the group you mention. That way he gets some input on his roster. Third step is to add a LH bat and a SP but again w some input from Renteria.

Everyone is blaming Robin and he gets some blame. But Hahn does as well since the bench is awful and there are still holes in the everyday lineup and bullpen.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 30, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
I agree but nor right away. I was not a fan of the Robin hiring but firing him would not solve the problem. I think the roster is a .500 team. But first step I think Robin should go quickly so they can give Renteria a chance to show what he can do over the rest of the season. Second step w Renteria's input is to clean out some dead wood like the group you mention. That way he gets some input on his roster. Third step is to add a LH bat and a SP but again w some input from Renteria.

Everyone is blaming Robin and he gets some blame. But Hahn does as well since the bench is awful and there are still holes in the everyday lineup and bullpen.

Unfortunately this isn't an organization where if guys are not getting the job done there is someone on the farm that can replace them.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 30, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
We need to dump the trash. Rollins, Avila, Sands... basically the players that bring nothing to the table. Get some new blood, call someone up. Make a trade. Fire the manager. Do something.

Those three all our new blood that have been here for 2 months lol. But yes we need something different

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
And no excuse for what has happened over the last three weeks. This isn't regressing to the mean. It's bigger than that.

One of my sons was at O'Hare this morning and saw Thome. Hopefully he was on his way to New York to inform Ventura he has been fired!

Seven losses in a row. Please don't think this is hyperbole. I think before all is said and done we might vie for a top three draft pick this year. Clearly we are one of the worst hitting teams in Sox history. Bad hitting teams with lousy bullpens tend to drop a lot of games. And we have 4 months of baseball to go! Think about it. We're not going to win many blowouts and with no bullpen we are going to drop a TON of the close games we are in.

I think we lose well over 90 games. Anybody on board with this thinking?