2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

In my case it's cause a.) I want to win now. I do not support the tank/rebuild. Many/most do not care about winning now and do support the tank/rebuild. b.) I do not like the idea of trading Abreu. I feel he should be untouchable; many want to deal him. c.) I don't care about players' ages; many don't want to commit to anybody in their 30s. Philosophical differences in my case so I fight a lot.

This has nothing to do with tree huggers, damn hippies or damn Yankees for that matter. Please stay on topic.

• Haha 1

I decided to put this here rather than the WS Winner thread because it's more national than local. Yolmer was on the MLB Network show Intentional Talk before the game yesterday and Kevin Millar was talking to Yolmer about the IT mojo  which is when a player appears on IT they usually do good in the following game and asked Yolmer to make a signal if he did something good to show the IT mojo worked.

When Yolmer hit the bases loaded single to give the Sox the lead he did what Millar asked ( make an  I T signal by making an I and T with his arms. You can see Yolmer did just that at the very end of this video.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/yolmer-sanchez-keys-white-sox-in-victory/c-283117430

On 6/26/2018 at 3:41 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Hahn traded Q at the perfect time.  Just checked up on Q to see if he fixed his slow start -- not really.  Walking over 4.5 guys per 9 and only worth .6 fWAR so far.  He's been bad.  K rate is down as well.

He has been pretty standard since the beginning of May.  3.66 ERA, 57K/59IP, .243 BAA.  More walks than you'd like at 28/59IP.  Those seem pretty close to numbers  I would expect from Q.  

17 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

He has been pretty standard since the beginning of May.  3.66 ERA, 57K/59IP, .243 BAA.  More walks than you'd like at 28/59IP.  Those seem pretty close to numbers  I would expect from Q.  

You expect a not even 2-1 K/BB ratio?  In the NL?  I don't.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I think I explicitly commented that it is too many walks.  But the aggregate numbers are about what I would expect.

He's sucked ass.  James Shields has better numbers.  I don't think the Cubs thought they were getting 2018 James Shields.  I love Q but he's been bad this year and mediocre overall as a Cub.  Hahn fleeced Theo here.

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's sucked ass.  James Shields has better numbers.  I don't think the Cubs thought they were getting 2018 James Shields.  I love Q but he's been bad this year and mediocre overall as a Cub.  Hahn fleeced Theo here.

Can we all try to say Jed instead of Theo since he is the GM.  I hate the amount of credit smug Theo gets.  Makes me wanna 🤮 

OT a bit even on the catch-all:

I only have HULU live for TV, no comcast cable.  HULU has the games on csn/nbc sports. However  I also want to watch our Sox when they are on WGN.  My question is, does WGN broadcast Sox games over the air through digital UHF and if so,  does anyone get that with an HD antenna ?

Edited by tray

2 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Can we all try to say Jed instead of Theo since he is the GM.  I hate the amount of credit smug Theo gets.  Makes me wanna 🤮 

Q has been very decent for about 12 starts. I missed his last one though. 

7 hours ago, tray said:

OT a bit even on the catch-all:

I only have HULU live for TV, no comcast cable.  HULU has the games on csn/nbc sports. However  I also want to watch our Sox when they are on WGN.  My question is, does WGN broadcast Sox games over the air through digital UHF and if so,  does anyone get that with an HD antenna ?

Depends where you live.

Paul Sullivan wrote a column about the White Sox this past Friday. He's not impressed with this rebuild/tanking/throwing up the white flag. He seems to think that this team might not be good until 2021 or maybe even 2022. I hope he's wrong about the time table. If he's right about 2021/2022 will anybody  even care about this team at that time?. The 2018 attendance is down 20% from 2017.  JR was suppose to be opposed to this rebuild for a long time because he thought  it might destroy the franchise. I can't help but wonder if that is going to happen.

Edited by WBWSF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Paul Sullivan wrote a column about the White Sox this past Friday. He's not impressed with this rebuild/tanking/throwing up the white flag. He seems to think that this team might not be good until 2021 or maybe even 2022. I hope he's wrong about the time table. If he's right about 2021/2022 will anybody  even care about this team at that time?. The 2018 attendance is down 20% from 2017.  JR was suppose to be opposed to this rebuild for a long time because he thought  it might destroy the franchise. I can't help but wonder if that is going to happen.

36C6A9FE-1955-401D-8DAA-9F312E5757DD.png

The Sox haven't announced starters for the Reds series.  It would be Shields, Giolito, Covey.

I could see Donn Roach given a spot start Monday or Tuesday, with Bruce Rondon off the roster.

edit: Shields, Giolito, Covey now listed as starters in Cincinnati.

Edited by flavum