yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't know when it will be, and it won't be yet, but sometime soon the White Sox are going to throw their hands up and say the season is starting and they're out, good luck. We're now in the week that pitchers and catchers report, so everyone can suddenly hear the clock ticking in the background.

I don't believe that, at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

Did Machado even meet with the Padres?  Those odds are fricken goofy.

Just so everyone understands. The limits on a prop like that are about $250. There is no market set by that. It's just fans 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Just so everyone understands. The limits on a prop like that are about $250. There is no market set by that. It's just fans 

From what I heard during the Super Bowl, these sites don't really care about prop bets very much and they're used to get novice bettors to use their book to bet more money on spreads, etc.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Unknown said:

This is why things aren't looking good. Unless you think Vegas likes giving out free money. 

betonline_ag is not Vegas. They also have the Giants at even money to get Harper which is absurd. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Business men dont have come to jesus moments about spending 300 million dollars they didnt plan on spending 1 month ago.

Business men recognize when opportunity is in front of them.  Especially when you are talking about a discount from what they thought it would be when they had made their previous plans.  This is a group that likes things like $50 million discounts.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Hahn is the same person that said Sox fans won't care if Manny signed in December or March if he hits a walk-off homer.  I really don't get the negativity today from so many.

This is definitely true if he signs with the White Sox, but if he signs with not the White Sox it will be much more annoying if he does it in March instead of December. It will really turn me off on the team if he doesn't sign as we hear for months on end that the White Sox are the in it (and possibly the only real suitor) and still haven't managed to sign him.

I can't see how the white sox wouldn't counter someone's offer with a better one. They are not going to give in that easily...if Machado gets a better offer elsewhere he is going to go back to the White Sox and say now what can you do? Him and Lazano both know how much money the Sox have to offer a mega contract.

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Have I missed something?  Like what the fuck is causing people to be so pessimistic today?  Does Balta’s presence in this thread just do that to people?  As far as I can tell, we’re in the same spot we’ve been in for the last few months and that’s probably a good thing.

It's our White Sox! I want to see them close the deal! Then I'll be optimistic!

If Machado doesn’t sign with us, what number does the contract with another have to reach so we don’t all get extremely pissed at the Sox FO? Whats the number we all agree wasn’t worth going so high?

Edited by Orlando

On 2/9/2019 at 1:51 PM, Goober said:

Oh thank goodness, hopefully now Sox throw 400 million at superior Harper and I'm ready for the season.

Is Alonso going to have a baby?  Hasn't he been #17 in the past???  AHHH

From the CustomBling Instagram account:

Just now, cjgalloway said:

Is Alonso going to have a baby?  Hasn't he been #17 in the past???  AHHH

you're right, after further review seems like they're going to have another baby

1 minute ago, lockwood243 said:

👀👀👀👀

Anyone see Manny’s insta story just now???? Baby shoes with Sox logo and the number 17 on them.....

uhh yeah ... trying to control excitement. Is that for yonder's kid or something? Maybe manny bought it for them? HOW OLD IS YONDERS KIDS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

If Machado doesn’t sign with us, what number does the contract with another have to reach so we don’t all get extremely pissed at the Sox FO? Whats the number we all agree wasn’t worth to go so high?

Clearly Manny is buying yonders kids white sox shoes to celebrate manny signing with white sox convince me otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

If Machado doesn’t sign with us, what number does the contract with another have to reach so we don’t all get extremely pissed at the Sox FO? Whats the number we all agree wasn’t worth to go so high?

Well over $350 million.

At the start of the offseason people were talking about $400 for Harper and $350 for Machado being legitimate potential ranges. If there's a contract in that range, it's still better money than what the White Sox have spent on previous free agent markets.