Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

This version of caulfield is so much better than when the Royals were in their heyday.  He was clearly a Royals fan back then. I would bet every penny I ever make he used to waltz around China with a Royals hat on backwards. But he left them and is back to the Sox. Plus I must admit his movie reviews are stellar. I have seen probably 10 based on his review and have only slightly disagreed with his assessment a couple of times if that.

I might have to check out his movie reviews. He does well in the minor league game threads with game updates.

I'm just messing around. I have no problem Caulfield or his love for the KC Cardinals.

5 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

The Room!  Awful, just awful. 

But it became one of the most memorable movies of all-time, just like Ed Wood.  In fact, the story of making it is far more interesting than the actual movie itself, which is the hallmark of any attempt to put yourself out there and try to do something great and offer yourself up for stardom or rejection.

That’s pretty much the exact same story as Searching for Sugarman, about a musician who believed he was completely rejected by the world for almost three decades...but never gave up trying to fix things and make the world better in his own unique way.  He never surrendered his optimism in the face of a series of setbacks.   It’s the quintessential American story of failure, unrequited love and a heroic comeback for the protagonist.

In the end, isn’t it better to be loved or hated than to leave no impression whatsoever?   Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

I might have to check out his movie reviews. He does well in the minor league game threads with game updates.

I'm just messing around. I have no problem Caulfield or his love for the KC Cardinals.

No, only Clint Eastwood’s son in Gran Torino still sports the backward hat look.

It did work for me about a decade ago in Colombia, but that was a Sox fitted hat I wore so often that it looked worse for wear than Bobby Jenks’ by the time it faded, got all salt-streaked and shrunk down to 7 3/8.

In my opinion, men over 40 should never try for that look...unless they’re playing Ray Kinsella’s dad in Field of Dreams.

11 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

If the Phillies are making another offer (maybe it was made already), it's possible it could take longer than this week right?

Could that have been a Lozano plant? I wonder how true that was. Hopefully they’re wrong lol my hopes are this gets done latest tomorrow afternoon

15 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

The disaster artist is fantastic though 

The best part was the way they winged the football at each other at 90 miles per hour from 10-15 feet away.  And the aunt who just suddenly threw a terminal illness into the storyline.  And the whole drug dealing subplot...or just any scene with that creepy guy who was supposed to be playing a kid.

But the best mockumentary of all-time is still “American Movie” to me.  Waiting for Guffman comes in a close second.

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISSSSAAA

You have to give kudos to any guy with such a strong Eastern European accent who looks like he’s late 40’s/early 50’s somehow coming up with $5-7.5 million or whatever to finance that thing.  

Where the money actually originated is one of the great mysteries in modern cinema.  

The sad part was his belief in his acting skills and that he could pass for 35ish, but you still have to admire his grit, gumption and determination to see it through all the way to the premiere.

I dont know why, and I dont want to jinx it, but I am starting to feel like Machado will not be a Yankee. Not necessarily saying that he signs with the Sox, but I think the Yankees top offer will be 7-years, $200 million, and he'll ultimately sign for something like 8-years, $270 million. That just seems like a ton of money for anyone to leave on the table.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres