Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Orlando

Castrovince picks the White Sox to win the Central

Recommended Posts

If Hahn and JR do their jobs this winter, I would pick the Sox to win the division as well. This team is stacked with raw talent.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of this guy but he said something good so I rate him as highly trustworthy in predictions

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Says G*d knows who. Impossible to predict before the roster has been compiled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the Twins are down four starting pitchers, but the offseason hasn’t even started...just competing with Minny alone in the FA pitching market will be fascinating, as neither team likes to overspend but both have obvious needs on that front.

The specter of losing so often to the Yankees is hanging over everything they do.  Even having the regular season they did, they’re going to have to figure out how to convince season ticket holders it won’t end up being more of the same in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Even having the regular season they did, they’re going to have to figure out how to convince season ticket holders it won’t end up being more of the same in 2020.

Why would they have to do this?  Are season ticket holders really going to jump ship after an awesome o season because they lost in the playoffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Considering the Twins are down four starting pitchers, but the offseason hasn’t even started...just competing with Minny alone in the FA pitching market will be fascinating, as neither team likes to overspend but both have obvious needs on that front.

The specter of losing so often to the Yankees is hanging over everything they do.  Even having the regular season they did, they’re going to have to figure out how to convince season ticket holders it won’t end up being more of the same in 2020.

It will be interesting. Twins pitching needs quite a bit more work than the Sox. I imagine they’re really hoping Odorizzi takes that QO, and they probably bring Pineda back too. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It will be interesting. Twins need pitching   Needs quite a bit more work than the Sox. I imagine they’re really hoping Odorizzi takes that QO, and they probably bring Pineda back too. 

Which puts them back in first...Berrios, Odorizzi, Graterol, Pineda and their 40 man roster.

Of course, a lot depends there on how well Pineda does off the juice.

But that’s 12.3 of fWAR with Graterol at just 0.1 and lots of uncertainty between Smeltzer and Dobnak, one of the top recent candidates to have Rookie of the Year 2 greenlit by Disney.   Dobnak put up 0.8 fWAR in under 30 innings, but got slaughtered against NY.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Which puts them back in first...Berrios, Odorizzi, Graterol, Pineda and their 40 man roster.

Of course, a lot depends there on how well Pineda does off the juice.

But that’s 12.3 of fWAR with Graterol at just 0.1 and lots of uncertainty between Smeltzer and Dobnak, one of the top recent candidates to have Rookie of the Year 2 greenlit by Disney.   Dobnak put up 0.8 fWAR in under 30 innings, but got slaughtered against NY.

Graterol has never pitched more then 100 innings. He isn’t suddenly going to become a twins rotation mainstay in 2020. If the Twins get 120 IP from him next year in the bigs, that would be an enormous win.

And we can all only hope Randy Dobnak is making regular starts for the Twins next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we had a real manager and real coaches because we do have some amazing raw talent. We also have holes that can bury us. it'd be nice to have some great manager figuring things out a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, greg775 said:

I wish we had a real manager and real coaches because we do have some amazing raw talent. We also have holes that can bury us. it'd be nice to have some great manager figuring things out a bit.

You are right on two counts: The Sox have some real raw talent and there are plenty of holes. More than a manager, we need a FO to make some right decisions even though I share your doubts about the coaching staff. Regardless, predictions about the White Sox are meaningless until this off-season plays itself out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NWINFan said:

You are right on two counts: The Sox have some real raw talent and there are plenty of holes. More than a manager, we need a FO to make some right decisions even though I share your doubts about the coaching staff. Regardless, predictions about the White Sox are meaningless until this off-season plays itself out. 

I hope behind the scenes that Coop is truly still the best coach. Because if our staff remains the same (maybe add one "pretty good" starter one reliever in free agency knowing our cheap front office), our staff will need work. It's time for coop to overachieve with his staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 11:42 AM, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

As big of a Sox fanboy as I am, we have to see how this offseason plays out before I declare this team a division winner.

I don't know...this Castrovince seems pretty darn sharp to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I don't know...this Castrovince seems pretty darn sharp to me.

Why would any sane person predict the Reds over the rest of the division?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×